Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of spelling and grammar on the RTE News website. Somebody needs to show them how to use spell-check. Very unprofessional for the news end of our national broadcaster.

Another thing, on a road with one car lane and a bus lane, it bugs the hell out of me when people who are intending on turning left at the end of the road straddle the two lanes for the length of the road. Pick a lane and stay in it dumbo!

Another thing, on a road with one car lane and a bus lane, it bugs the hell out of me when people who are intending on turning left at the end of the road straddle the two lanes for the length of the road. Pick a lane and stay in it dumbo!

Er, sorry 'bout that...driving around Clontarf yesterday and started out thinking bus lanes were only for buses- other drivers put me right soon enough when I couldn't turn left. :eek:

Er, sorry 'bout that...driving around Clontarf yesterday and started out thinking bus lanes were only for buses- other drivers put me right soon enough when I couldn't turn left. :eek:

Serves you right for comin' up to da big smoke! :D

One of my pet hates too. I call it "tightroping" the car. I love to blow someone out of it if they do it in front of me

Holding the door open for a "gentleman" at lunchtime today and he just walks out past me without saying thanks.

This one gets me going! This has happened so many times and is simply irritating as it is a complete lack a manners! There are worst things in the world, of course....

When I answer the phone and get asked are we open on Saturdays. I reply 'No, we're closed', the usual reply is 'So, you're not open'. Grrrrr

May not seem like much, but when you hear it for the thousandth time, it starts to grate!

People who drive carelessly and have the cheek to have a 'Baby on board' sticker on their rear window.

People who use public parks to train their (unleashed) dogs. I saw an idiot doing this in the Phoenix Park yesterday, despite the fact that there were people and traffic around not to mention the deer.

Curse you UPC and your shoddy service
The money I pay you every month and the internet service is constantly failing

The staff in your all centre are helpful and easy to deal with
But when I offered to rush home on my lunch-hour and meet your technician you said no, you can only arrange a visit between nine am and one pm and could not be more specific then that.

No good to me, I can't hang around all morning.
Just give me a time and I'll be there but you could not do that

You fill my postbox and annoy my postman with mountains of junk mail from your sales team.
I don't want new services, I just want the service I pay for to work :(

The constant 'thump thump' of a football outside all afternoon when I'm trying to study. We have a green area for kids to play in, but kids don't play on it and the parents are of the "ah sure, it's only a bit of fun" attitude. Incidentally, said kids never play football outside their own houses.

Oh, and John Giles saying "I hope Ireland's performance encourages more kids to play football on the roads"

Plus they mark the car

On my morning route there is a cyclist who has more lights than a Jumbo Jet landing at midnight in some lesser known airport and a High-Viz jacket that could be seen from the moon (no probs with lights and high-viz). He spends his time screaming at motorists for no apparent reason. He bangs roofs of cars at traffic lights alleging that "You missed me by inches, mate" on overtaking.

His reputation is rising for all of the wrong reasons. Yesterday morning I overtook him as safely as I could. Then I arrived at the next traffic lights and stopped on red. You guessed it, yer man started banging on the roof, windows and shouting. I got out of the car and invited him to go to the nearest Garda Station on which he sped off waving his two fingers and still shouting.

I use a bicycle myself from time to time and I know the problems cyclists can endure. But, this guy with his unnecessary intimidating behaviour has caused problems and will continue to be a menace to all road-users.

Is that in Dublin?

If so that cyclist posts over on boards.ie and puts videos of all his rows and arguments

He's famous, seems to think is a crusader against the motorist

Is this the same one that rabidly campaigns for speed cameras who was recently banned from the motors forum?

I like art
Well I like a nice painting of a horse in a meadow, a beautiful sunset, people playing on the beach :)

But contemporary art? It's all nonsense though it made Damien Hirst a very rich man.
Splashing paint on a canvas and calling it art, realy a five year old could do that :rolleyes:

Such snobbery and pretentiousness around this, doubt many even understand what the contempory art is about but they pretend they know

This guy made huge money, one tin of his Merda d'Artista sold for €124,000.
How? How I ask? Spending the price of a house on this???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piero_Manzoni

In keeping with the news today and the fact that a social welfare office had to put up a notice banning pyjamas in collect payments and attend for interviews with staff - Young girls wearing pyjamas at all hours of the day, it absolutely disgusts me, how slovenly, lazy and demotivated do you have to be to wander around in your pyjamas and feckin ugg boots to collect your dole!

Unbelievable :mad:

In keeping with the news today and the fact that a social welfare office had to put up a notice banning pyjamas in collect payments and attend for interviews with staff - Young girls wearing pyjamas at all hours of the day, it absolutely disgusts me, how slovenly, lazy and demotivated do you have to be to wander around in your pyjamas and feckin ugg boots to collect your dole!

Unbelievable :mad:

Aparently those who wear pyjamas during the day have special ones that they keep just for "going out" :confused:

Aparently those who wear pyjamas during the day have special ones that they keep just for "going out" :confused:

I see it all the time when I'm driving around, there is a bus stop that I pass by on the way to Blanchardstown and I frequently see a number of girls in pyjamas waiting for the bus at all hours of the day!. Honest to god it just kills me to see this. Part of me feels so sorry for them because you just know that they are completely demotivated and have nothing to get dressed for and more than likely won't ever get motivated or do anything with themselves. The other part of me wants to give them a good kick up the **** and tell them to get dressed, put on a pair or runners and get out for a walk, lose the muffin top, clean yourself up and get involved with the world! :mad:

I never saw this film as I knew it would make me too mad but here is a clip giving an insight into the mentality of it all

[broken link removed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back