Zippay - AIB,BoI and ptsb to launch instant payment service

Status
Not open for further replies.
get their IBAN, input it correct and check it.
Copy it from their text, paste it, your banking app validates it immediately using the checksum. Hardly difficult.

After that, it's just saved in your payees. Very little difference. I suppose there's no checksum when you get someone's phone number....
 
you store IBAN details in the notes section of your contacts app). Store once re-use many times.
My main banking app stores IBANs as contacts and allows them to be copied for pasting into other banking apps. For card details, all the banking apps on my phone (apart from AIB) allow me to view and copy my card numbers.

Your custom app sounds interesting.
 
I can 100% understand why people do not like automatic opt-ins, they can rub people up the wrong way, but I think in this case it is justified as the downsides are vanishingly small but the benefit to the customer is big.

We accept this sort of opt-in all the time with modern technology. Once you have someone's email address or phone number you can add or contact them on all sorts of platforms without their explicit permission. The difference being that you probably click "accept" when you sign up and that includes opting in to contacts.

But when I save someone's number to my phone, they are automatically added to my WhatsApp contacts list. The other person does not have to give me permission to message them.

And I don't have to ask each contact for a different string of numbers jsut so we can chat on WhatsApp.
 
"Revolut to join Zippay in major boost for banks’ instant payments project". (Business Post).

Interesting. Could it be trojan horse attempt?
 
"Revolut to join Zippay in major boost for banks’ instant payments project". (Business Post).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top