Your most useful purchase.

My Car !!!
Payed about €6000 for it 5 years ago and still goes like a dream!!
Laughs when going through the NCT and never breaks down :)

Cant get the V shaped pillow anywhere..seems to be permanently out of stock.

Have you tried Argos, I got one for my mother in law recently and when I did the online check at a couple of stores as we weren't sure where we would be stopping en route they all had them in stock. I think they were about €11.00. I paid €15.00 for mine plus €5 for 2 pillow cases from a small local shop.

Hi JP1234..thanks so much for that..
I have just reserved one.:)
Do you know if they are the same ones that Clearys sell? Thats were I saw them,but they were out of stock twice, I think they were 25e..
Cheers

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No idea if they are the same one that they have in Clearys but we got one from Argos for my MiL and it was absolutely fine. I bought hers up in Derry but I imagine they will be from the same place buying this side of the border.

If we are including things we got for free I'd have to say that my wife makes it into my top ten.

Only in the top ten Purple. I hope Mrs P. is number one if the ship of domestic bliss is to sail on calm waters!:D

My first house, bought in 1998. 2-up, 2-down, doubled its value in two years, and enabled us to trade up. Oh, those heady days of property ladder-climbing.

My first house, bought in 1998. 2-up, 2-down, doubled its value in two years, and enabled us to trade up. Oh, those heady days of property ladder-climbing.

Careful now, Ceepee. You don't want to be banned for discussing property values on AAM! ;)

My best purchase ever was my current putter. Always behaves perfectly when it's required to. Better than any wife, Purple! :D

My George Foreman

Brilliant device

It's kinda entering the English language, people don't call it a grill, just a George Foreman

My best purchase ever was my current putter. Always behaves perfectly when it's required to.

The Holy Grail...my putter literally had a mind of it's own. So did my last two come to think of it :eek: . I play golf left handed and things got so bad a few months ago I started practicing with a righthanded putter. (wasn't too bad either relatively speaking). So I spend about a month and a half practicing and glad to report that the putting is sorted and I've knocked 2.5 off my handicap. Anyway...back to the thread...my most recent purchase was a Golf Buddy Platinum...a golf GPS device for 400 euro. It's savage and I'm a happy bunny for now.

Pah, you materialistic so-and-so's.
(Purple escapes due to his romantic nature)

I'm not taking this grievous insult lying down- read the darned title- it's a thread about our most useful purchases.:rolleyes:

How anyone could think referring to their spouse in the context of this thread is romantic is astonishing. :p

Anyway...back to the thread...my most recent purchase was a Golf Buddy Platinum...a golf GPS device for 400 euro. It's savage and I'm a happy bunny for now.

Are those actually legal? I know rules are taken very seriously in golf.
Is estimating the distance not part of the game? Could you use your GPS in a competition?

Just wondering, golf can be old fashioned about these things

I bought a Packard Bell DivX player for about €40.00 about 4 years ago. It was the first device I had that allowed me watch downloaded movies & TV through the TV.

For the money spent, along with the content 'acquired' :eek:, it has enabled of hundreds of hours of entertainment.

As a hard drive it's embarrassingly slow and the 'bubble' RC is fiddlyt, but I stil use it, despite the proliferation of better, smaller & faster devices.

My little 50cc scooter
Yes, scooters are pretty uncool and I look like a teenager on it
And the bikers won't nod at me :(, They shun scooters

But I can skip down the shops or work or anywhere in no time.
No buses, luas, Dart or cycling anymore

Worth very little, around €300 and it's scratched to bits.
But I love it and will never sell it!

i nod at scooters .... just maybe not at the tracksuit/white runner people on their souped up noisy 50cc mopeds - hope you're not one of those ;)

My motorbike has to be my best investment - has returned at least 2 hours a day to my private time for the past 7 years, has allowed me to work anywhere around dublin without worrying how to get there and how long it will take. Longest commute time ever was 35 minutes and that was swords to blackrock for 2.5 years. current commute is 20km and it takes 18 minutes, 20 on a really busy day ! park anywhere for free ..... the list goes on.

Back