wood chip burners

I find that the cost of wind turbines is not yet comptetitive - last time I checked it would have cost over €30k to install a domestic wind turbine with a decent output.

Solar - not sure if enough output for this kind of application. Do you have any details?

Can anybody tell me if there is any wood pellet burner out there that will fit in a boiler house 1500mmx1460mm. Iv looked at a few different one's but they all seem to be 2 big for the size of our boiler.Can anybody help me with this??

Aisling, you'll also need somewhere dry to store the pellets. That boiler house certainly isn't going to be big enough.
Leo

Ok thx Leo we have changed the size of the boiler house to fit the burner and hopper now so we will fit it now

I Have been looking at a "Gilles" wood chip/Pellet boiler it seems to be flexible when it comes to which fuel you want to burn as long as you go for the Wood chip system, this allows you to burn pellets, wood chips sawdust and so on,
The price however is 20K plus even after the grant !
Is this price to high to justify the flexibility of the system??
Has anyone put in this particular make? i would like some feedback
Does anyone know of any body doing a similar boiler?

Sheeeeet!!! :confused: :confused::confused: - - €20,000+ for a domestic boiler unit, that could never be justified in terms of savings to be made. It would have to last 30 years without service costs to pay for itself!!!

How can manufacturers justify such daft prices? There is no Oil boiler, gas boiler, or any other type of domestic heating device which attracts such crazy prices as wood chip and wood pellet heaters. If they were gold plated and carried a 50year guarantee they would,IMHO, not justify asking that sort of silly money.:D

Sheeeeet!!! :confused: :confused::confused: - - €20,000+ for a domestic boiler unit, that could never be justified in terms of savings to be made. It would have to last 30 years without service costs to pay for itself!!!

How can manufacturers justify such daft prices? There is no Oil boiler, gas boiler, or any other type of domestic heating device which attracts such crazy prices as wood chip and wood pellet heaters. If they were gold plated and carried a 50year guarantee they would,IMHO, not justify asking that sort of silly money.:D

Think thats bad.. then check out these guys... ...anywhere in the €20k to €30K bracket to get you started... thats a hell of a lot of oil!

Hi guys,

I would like to recommend this website:
[broken link removed].
It's a community-driven website and, IMHO, a great idea. Anybody can add a company or a product and review it.

Regards

we looked at the Gillis boiler and while it is a great boiler the price definitely does not justify installing one. One pays for the pellets/wood chips and the running costs :) that will buy a lot of oil. They are way to expensive for a private dwelling in my opinion.
We installed a Wind hager and are happy with the choice so far. In my opinion it will pay for itself
We also looked at the Baxi and you have to vacum it every fill. A lot of labour and maintenance. Optimistic

i have horses and this past winter as a result of the high demand for wood pellets, there was a massive shortage in trying to source wood shavings bedding for horses around the country. all my agri suppliers were going mad cos they couldn't source the shavings anywhere and the price of them went up quite significantly.

i was thinking of installing one of these wood pellet burners in my new house up to that point but when i saw the lack of supply and the severe shortage it caused, i totally changed my mind and now wouldn't touch a wood pellet burner if you paid me!! they'll rope you in and then charge a fortune later down the line!

Windhager. Sorry I put a space in when it should be one word. An Austrian wood pellet boiler. Hope all goes well for you. Optimistic

Back