Why has the Lotto jackpot not been won ?

Yeah, a €19 million win would attract a bit of publicity alright.

I asked a friend what he would do about the begging letters if he was to win the jackpot, he said he would keep sending them.

My mother won the Spot the Ball thingy in Sunday Independent many many years ago, think it was about 1k, good money at the time, anyway she got loads of begging letters!

To think I used to keep telling myself 'someone has to win it' to justify to the wife throwing my hard earned money away.......Turns out that hasn't be true for a long time now.....

Innumerate but better off people won't touch the lotto. Plenty of phenomenally stupid golf club members have benefited from lotto funds but don't buy into it.

Also 90%+ of the population couldn't calculate the odds even if handed a scientific calculator - which generally come with a handy button for the calculation.

It's a tax on hope, for the less well off and older people on limited fixed incomes.
Maybe we should just bite the bullet and have golf redesignated as not being a sport?

Here is your answer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Teachers%27_Pension_Plan

Last edited:

Urgent probe into 'unwinnable lotto' needed, says Fine Gael TD​

Fine Gael TD Bernard Durkan has called for an urgent probe into the “unwinnable” National Lottery jackpot.
Mr Durkans comments come after the biweekly national lotto was rolled over again this week.
The record €19 million jackpot has rolled over 46 times since it was last won on the 6th of June, which has prompted the Fine Gael TD to raise questions.
“It’s been almost six months since it was won. This didn’t happen in Ronan Collins’ day,” Mr Durkan said.
“The jackpot has been stuck on €19m since September. What’s going on?
“We need a full investigation and audit into the draw,” Mr Durkan added.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland...e-lotto-needed-says-fine-gael-td-1216012.html

More like urgent lessons in probability required for attention seeking TD who wants to detract from multiple real issues affecting the electorate!
Or perhaps he is upset that he hasn't won it

The Lotto has added more and more numbers over the years. It started with 36 numbers and now it's 47.
That means the odds have changed from just under one in two million to one in eleven million.

Now that there is an 'investigation' into the fact that the Lotto hasn't been won , what are the odds of it been won tomorrow night ..

If the jackpot is won tomorrow night will it be seen as a good thing or suspicious ......I wonder.

These Canadians are walking all over us... they come across all nice polite dull and boring but they are really robbing us. We know all these so-called 'Good Causes' are just fronts for Canadian companies.

FINE GAEL TD Bernard Durkan has called on the National Lottery to remove two balls from the Lotto draw drum to increase the likelihood of someone winning the jackpot, declaring: “This never happened in Ronan Collins’ day”

These Canadians are walking all over us... they come across all nice polite dull and boring but they are really robbing us. We know all these so-called 'Good Causes' are just fronts for Canadian companies.
Honestly not sure if this is a serious allegation or not. If it is intended to be serious, then you might want to come up with some evidence to support it.

The Canadians don't decide what causes to support afaik. Monies go to various Government departments, who have various distribution schemes, like the Sports Capital grant scheme.

Back