Why has the Lotto jackpot not been won ?

That seems an astonishing marketing budget / slush fund.
letter in Irish Times said:
Sir, – I served as chairman of An Post National Lottery Company for 13 years. The current odds for winning the jackpot are wrong in principle and in practice. The appropriation of unclaimed prizes into marketing expenses is a raid on the prize fund which would not have happened in An Post’s time. Unclaimed prizes belong to lottery players not the executive. It is time to turn back the clock. – Yours, etc,

JOHN HYNES
He has a point. I think we are on our own in allowing the executives to use the unclaimed prizes to promote their business.

Purple you machine! With your heart of stone... I'm fractionally numerate and on occasion do the lotto.

While I agree with your appreciation of the odds you can't put a value on the that feeling of hope that a BIG payout brings to some.

I was going to say it's not all about the numbers but we all know it is.....
Back in October 2018 we were on a road trip in the USA and there were bill board signs everywhere for the Mega Millions Draw
So naturally we both bought a few tickets and started to talk and imagine about what we'd do if we won
We actually made the conscious decision to stop talking about what we'd do because it was becoming unfathomable to think straight

The 1.5 Billion dollar jackpot was won a few days later by one ticket!!

Back