Why don't we require people seeking medical treatment to have vaccination certificates?

The answer to Brendan's question is that medical ethics in principle requires doctors to treat people based on need rather than perceived desert. Smokers, the obese, the physically inactive, reckless drivers after accidents, those injured in drunken pub fights, heroin users, etc get treated at a par with "innocent" patients. I think that's a compassionate way of doing things and it's hard to see how in the case of antivaxxers it could be done differently without opening up an ethical Pandora's box.

Strangely enough a lot of people that I work with have refused to be vaccinated but still use an E cig , They have no idea what is in that either but they still use it , For what it is worth they are blatant about a substance that they use at the weekend and also have no idea what is in it , I am referring to people in their 30,s who are fit and have no valid reason to refuse the vaccine , This is my second time getting Covid and I am fairly annoyed with them at this stage , Staying out of work seems like a paid holiday to them but they keep passing it on , I cannot report them to HR as it is their right to say no but I am at boiling point now , It is totally acceptable for people to refuse the second jab if they had a bad reaction but everyone should at least get the first one , People in their 80,s accepted it and the young people protest , Have a bit of cop on please .

I will have a visit to the dentist this week. I am vaccinated. I do not know if the dentist has been vaccinated, his staff or the person who was in the chair before me.

• 165 cases (97%) were reported to have an underlying medical condition
I read that report yesterday too and found it interesting that 97% of the vaccine breakthrough cases in ICU had an underlying condition. I'd be interested to know the details of the unvaccinated in ICU . . what % had an underlying condition and what was the median and mean age, but I couldn't find such info.

I read that report yesterday too and found it interesting that 97% of the vaccine breakthrough cases in ICU had an underlying condition. I'd be interested to know the details of the unvaccinated in ICU . . what % had an underlying condition and what was the median and mean age, but I couldn't find such info.
There's an interesting summary based on September & October admissions (so you don't have the 'noise' of admissions prior to vaccines being widely rolled out).

Unvaccinated are 7% of population, but 54% of ICU admissions with Covid. They're younger, and less have underlying health conditions

The detailed statistics are here:

Thanks RedOnion. It seems that 71% of the unvaccinated in ICU during that period had an underlying condition, and the median age of unvaccinated in ICU was 52. Interesting that half of the unvaccinated in ICU were not born in Ireland. Perhaps the vaccine messaging could be better targeted.

Unvaccinated are 7% of population, but 54% of ICU admissions with Covid. They're younger, and less have underlying health conditions
People also need to be aware that the numbers with underlying health conditions actually includes those with undiagnosed conditions and in reality covers a large proportion of our population. For example 64% of over-50s here have high-blood pressure, 56% of adults are overweight with 26% obese, how many current/ former smokers?

People also need to be aware that the numbers with underlying health conditions actually includes those with undiagnosed conditions and in reality covers a large proportion of our population.
I was shocked to learn that being pregnant is classed as an underlying condition!

Reactions: Leo
I was shocked to learn that being pregnant is classed as an underlying condition!
The strain that pregnancy puts on a mothers organs is quite a significant factor in their ability to handle Covid, coupled with the fact that certain treatments or even simple intervention like proning isn't advised.

Back