AIB Who has complaints at the Ombudsman stage on the simple vs. compound interest issue?

We declined mediation on 8th December and our file was then sent on for formal investigation and adjudication. So today’s response received in a little under 2 months.

We’re not part of the 300 cohort so I’m a little surprised by the response we got.

We are at Stage 4 in this process. Recieved a response from the fspo investigation officer this morning that as we had not appealed to the independent appeals panel appointed by our provider, prior to bringing our complaint to the fspo, our complaint has been placed on hold until the outcome of the Independent Appeals Panel is provided.
So following a complaint to AIB for not providing details of the Independent Appeals Panel in their final response, they have now responded confirming that as my complaint solely relates to their calculation of the interest refund payment received following the FSPO Mortgage Review there is no appeals process under the FSPO Mortgage Review. AIB have stated that I am not required to appeal the decision on my complaint to the Independent Appeals Panel prior to my complaint progressing with the FSPO as my complaint relates to actions the provider have taken under the FSPO Mortgage Review.

Response provided to FSPO who have confirmed my complaint in now in the queue for investigation.

So following a complaint to AIB for not providing details of the Independent Appeals Panel in their final response, they have now responded confirming that as my complaint solely relates to their calculation of the interest refund payment received following the FSPO Mortgage Review there is no appeals process under the FSPO Mortgage Review. AIB have stated that I am not required to appeal the decision on my complaint to the Independent Appeals Panel prior to my complaint progressing with the FSPO as my complaint relates to actions the provider have taken under the FSPO Mortgage Review.

Response provided to FSPO who have confirmed my complaint in now in the queue for investigation.
They really like making themselves look foolish don’t they.

just wondering if you have had a final adjudication at this point ?
Yes this has happened. AIB responded to the Ombudsman's list of questions and we had the opportunity to respond to their responses! We have had our fill of it at this stage so we declined to add anything further and it has gone to adjudication.
Just wondering @blue_steel if you have had an adjudication decision yet ?

Wow , a year on from no response to additional final questions ....? that is quite something !
Same here I've a case waiting adjudication for almost a year. Followed up by email to the designated contact I was given, no response

I contacted the FSPO yesterday asking for an update on our case which went for adjudication on the 9th of April 2021. They are advising it may take up to 18 months for each case to be resolved depending on complexity. I'm pretty sure they said 6 months last year so they are obviously very backed up. Our case included compound interest and tracker issues.

Hello, are people still making a complaint to ombudsman regarding compound Vs simple interest issue? I sent a template that I had received on the thread but I got an email that I need to complete a complaints from to proceed? Is that everyone else did? It's approx 8 pages.. thanks

Back