Which is the Best Value Store - Aldi, Lidl or Tesco...??

Sorry - I was referring to situations in which such goods were not produced "ethically" (e.g. by child or forced/prison labour). Not that I am necessarily accusing Dunnes Stores of reselling such goods.

I have no doubt that the minimum wage and more was paid. My point was that although I shop in Aldi for biscuits among other items I do know that deep down Irish workers are losing out on ie the workers making the likes of kimberly etc. Everything has a price and the cheapest sometimes has a higher price in the long term. Thats all I was trying to say.

Was in Lidl on Thursday and the guy serving me was obviously new to the job. The way his supervisor spoke to him was unreal.
She said he was and I quote 'a real stupid man' when he had to ask her about a pricing question.
Generally the staff in there are treated like crap and that would put me off shopping there again as I could not stand to hear anyone treated in that manner.....

Did you make a complaint about the behaviour of the supervisor? As a customer I'm sure that they'd be interested in what you had to say. I have never seen this sort of behaviour in the many times that I've shopped in Lidl or Aldi. In fact I generally find the checkout and other staff quite friendly even if they are admittedly kept very busy.

No I did not complain and I know I should have......
In this particular Lidl the staff turnover is massive. There never seems to be the same person there from wek to week.
I know they have a huge problem keeping staff and even getting people to work there in the first place and I am not surprised.
In fact I noted the supervisor's name and will write a letter and see what happens.

Back