Key Post Where is the best location/city to apply for bankruptcy in the UK?

Is the wrexham court easy to go through?? I am viewing a place in Mold next week, but might choose to go to Rhyl, which would be best? Obviously I will be using your good self :)

I would have thought that if you lived in or near Grays, you would petition for your bankruptcy at Romford County Court.

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

Hi Steve,
Have you had experience of Romford court or do you know if it's easy to get though there?

Also would I be best advised to use a solicitor or can i do it myself? Do people who do it themselves usually run into more problems? Payment for a solicitor would be a problem.
Many thanks

If you have a look at who I am, I think the answer becomes obvious.
I've never been to Romford. If you moved to and lived in the area, then of course getting to Romford court would not be difficult.
You can't just choose to go to a court. Your bankruptcy application is made in the court in the area in which you reside.

Steve Thatcher

Belfast

How different is it to go through NI than somewhere in Britian? What are the pitfalls in NI. Does anyone know?

At present as far as I can tell the Judge in NI is reluctant in the extreme to make orders.
Unless you move the whole family put kids in school get jobs and wait a reasonable length of time, I would say there is a fair chance she will keep adjourning your application and put off making an order. This is what she has been doing.
Now this may change over time, as she seems to move her goalposts almost week to week as it suits her.
I have moved a few whole families North again in the last few weeks and so I guess we'll know how she is treating these applications in five months

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

Hi Steve,

Your post above about Northern Ireland.... (-:
How would that relate to a single person with no ties, kids etc?
Would that make it easier?
And what do you mean by a reasonable length of time?
Thanks again

I think that as far as this goes, she seems to be ok with single ladies with no ties moving up. I've had a number of these whistle thru. A reasonable length would seem to be six months again. Letting creditors know every early is important to her.

Steve Thatcher

No not Dorchester, but I have no doubt that if you do things right you will have no issues anywhere in the UK

Steve Thatcher

hi steve what paper work is needed for bankruptcy in uk please , also have you done any in exeter?

Hi Steve..

I have posted my current situation in the issues with ex debts forum.
But my question is that I work for a MNC with responsibilities for Europe. As such my role although in Ireland does not have to be based here .
If I was able to persuade my employer to transfer me to the UK Office (Manchester) ...would I be able to apply for bankruptcy in Uk eventually ?
To be honest long shot they would agree to transfer but just curious.
Really want to have All possible options on table.

Steve, last question out of these three areas (Rhyl Wales, Mold Wales or Bristol) which would you suggest would be the easiest and quickest, I am using yourself and just want to make sure as I have to start next week earliest? Kind regards

Back