When does The Clinic start?

Yeah, next Sunday night. Outstanding Irish drama. Can't wait. No more pub on a Sunday night for a while!

I thought the last series was starting to slip a bit. How did Daisy go from being a ditzy, party girl to an astute business woman in the space of a few weeks??

If you think back, you'll see that she wasn't all ditzy. Underneath there was always a shrewd fund of common sense. The writers prepared the ground at least a little, I think...

I read an interview with Amy Huberman yesterday where she said she missed the ditzy side of Daisy and the fluffy pencils. Apparently there will be more of that side of her shown in the new series.

I thought the last series was starting to slip a bit. How did Daisy go from being a ditzy, party girl to an astute business woman in the space of a few weeks??

Agree with this. I think in the last series it's like they were trying to bring in every type of illness imaginable and it was more about the patients and their ailments than the lives of the regular main characters. I prefer the older days when Cathy and Ed were still together. Ah...

I believe next week is the last episode of this series? What's the verdict?
I think it's run out of steam and could do with a bit of an overhaul. Victoria Smurfit's character could be good but should have been brought in at the start of the series, it's a bit late now to develop the character. I also think Clodagh and Lorcan have run their course and should be axed. Then they could give Cara a better storyline, she's been completely wasted this series. I still can't take Daisy's transformation seriously and don't think I'd miss her if she was written out. I hope Dan stays but have never seen the point of Patrick, to be honest.

Axe Daisy???, hell no we wont go !!

Is Alison Doody gone already?, a nice cameo.

Never 100% sold on it, though I watched it a fair bit, often thought it was a bit too much stress when the Sunday night blues are in full flight.
Where's braindead Killinaskully when you need it?

I always thought it was gas that the counsellor lad seemed more fubar than any of his patients, moping around in a darkened room, he'd really get you back on track .....

I believe next week is the last episode of this series? What's the verdict?
I think it's run out of steam and could do with a bit of an overhaul. Victoria Smurfit's character could be good but should have been brought in at the start of the series, it's a bit late now to develop the character. I also think Clodagh and Lorcan have run their course and should be axed. Then they could give Cara a better storyline, she's been completely wasted this series. I still can't take Daisy's transformation seriously and don't think I'd miss her if she was written out. I hope Dan stays but have never seen the point of Patrick, to be honest.

Yeah, I hope Dan stays too. Every series needs someone like him. This series has really painted him in a bad light. Patrick has been a very minor player in this series and it looks that his heart mightn't be in great shape....... I agree also about Cara not being used much this time round either, although, judging by last night's trailer, she might have a bigger part to play next week.

Does anyone else think that the guy who plays Lorcan is a brutally bad actor?

Never 100% sold on it, though I watched it a fair bit, often thought it was a bit too much stress when the Sunday night blues are in full flight.
I always thought it was gas that the counsellor lad seemed more fubar than any of his patients, moping around in a darkened room, he'd really get you back on track .....
:DExcellent. I think that was why I stopped watching it as well, too stressful, especially with the Sunday night blues..

have never seen the point of Patrick, to be honest.
I always enjoyed his deadpan manner tbh.

The writing is pretty poor this season - soap opera unrealistic dramas at every turn - simplistic medical miracles - doctors that are never off duty and go visiting their patients in other hospitals at night.

That was short season, wasn't it? I was a bit cross with Daisy last night telling Dan to leave, so I'll agree with the posters saying it might be a heavy going on a sunday night. Does Daisy not know Dan that is one of the best characters. Hopefully she will lighten up when she hooks with with lovely looking lad at reception and tell macboring Lorcan to go instead. Off topic now, but when is the gay storyline going to come to a head in Enders!

doctors that are never off duty and go visiting their patients in other hospitals at night.

I agree. How come doctors in tv dramas are so dedicated to their patients and become so involved in their private lives. In real life, they have to look up your file to even remember what your ailment was in the first place.

I always enjoyed his deadpan manner tbh.

The writing is pretty poor this season - soap opera unrealistic dramas at every turn - simplistic medical miracles - doctors that are never off duty and go visiting their patients in other hospitals at night.

We always call Patrick "poor Patrick", he always seem so down!

Have to agree that it has become unrealistic. It made me laugh on Sunday night when Lorcan went missing overnight, Clodagh notices a photograph of him on a particular beach and just knows that he's going to be there. It was ridiculous, was here there overnight or what?! And standing in the same spot that he was in when the photo was taken!

Lorcan and Clodagh need to leave, Cara needs to go mental like she did last series and they need some good looking males in there!

Remember how they used to go for a jar after a particularly stressful day in work to some very ordinary, slightly scruffy looking pub around the corner. Just like people do in real life. Now they all hang out in a trendy looking nightclub every night of the week- even the older staff like Patrick who was there with his son last week. Absolute rubbish.
Also, why do all the women wear cocktail dresses to work??

Back