What's The Most Ridiculous Ad Slogan On TV/Radio?

Lex Foutish

What do you regard as the silliest slogan for any current ad? For me, it has to be "Supervalu - Real food, real people!"

It makes me wonder what exactly it is that other food outlets serve. And what, not who, serves the customers in these other outlets? :confused:

For me its not so much the slogan but the 'sciencey words' and false advertising of cosmetics that drive me mad.

Aqua physics cream - what the hell is aqua physics? Its a made up term to make the cream sound all sciencey and important.

Or the Loreal ads with actresses with beautiful hair swishing it about and a small bit of text at the bottom of the ad saying 'this actress has had her hair enhanced with hair extensions'.

Or the mascara ads where the model has had her eyelashes digitally enhanced or is wearing false eyelashes with the bit of text saying 'shot with lash inserts' or similar.

Right at the minute there is an ad on radio that drive me nuckin futs! . Its for nicorette gum or something and its a man pretending to be a polar bear - putting on this deep gruff voice moaning about his yellow stained teeth. This post will be deleted if not edited immediately if you are using nicotine patches it's fair to say you're old enough to know that feckin polar bears neither smoke, nor talk! :mad:

"Two-two two two two twooooo ...1890...two-two two two two twoooo"

Although I admit I find it slightly amusing.

(But I suppose it's not a slogan - sorry)

Irish Pride - it's a matter of pride annoys me. It doesn't mean anything, it's not clever, it's virtually senseless.

The ad that always grates with me is the DID Electrical Sale advert.....

"everything reduced, everything on sale".....

Either they've been giving stuff away up to now (but not any longer), or they're also selling the fixtures and fittings :D

Tummy Loving Care drives me to distraction!! something to do with yoghurt!
And that ad for washing powder where everyone is nude,
and the new cadbury egg one,its the voice at the end that says something in a weird voice.
Obviously not working too well on me,as I cant remember who they are for!
I have to say I love the Spar (I think ) ad,where the guy puts the prices on the floor,they just seem so normal.:)

I was going to say that with the added: registered address Isle of Man

Eh, its actually South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2. :rolleyes:

(however, Dunnes Stores has two shareholders who are Isle of Man based companies "for tax purposes")

McDonalds was annoying me for a while with their slogan "There's a McDonalds for everyone" until they finally re-introduced a veggie option (apart from chips of salad)

Tummy Loving Care get to me as well.
Ad sthat say "No other XXXX works better/faster", in other words "Ours is exactly the same as all the rest because we are all selling a generic product but you are just stupid enough to buy ours and pay for this advert".

Tummy Loving Care get to me as well.
Ad sthat say "No other XXXX works better/faster", in other words "Ours is exactly the same as all the rest because we are all selling a generic product but you are just stupid enough to buy ours and pay for this advert".

In America, companies regularly name competing products and tear strips off each other. Is that allowed here? I've seen it done in a mild manner, e.g., car companies comparing km per gallon.

In America, companies regularly name competing products and tear strips off each other. Is that allowed here? I've seen it done in a mild manner, e.g., car companies comparing km per gallon.

I'm sure it is - as long as it's the truth and it can be proven to be. Ryanair often have a fair go at Aer Lingus for example.

BUPA before they exited the market..."were highly rated in the community". ( a snide cut at the concept of community rating)

That supervalu one realllllly annoyes me, do androids shop in the other supermarkets??
The ones that make me turn off are the brennans ad's, 'old mr.brennan says he, says i, sure he says, meh meh meh', shut up!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Back