What's The Most Ridiculous Ad Slogan On TV/Radio?

When I hear this (often on moncreif's newstalk show) I think " a patchy pizza".

Brilliant !:D

What about all the German car ads including slogans that almost nobody understands and are kinda meaningless!

VW - Das Auto ( The Car. Ok,well this one is easy).

Audi : Vorsprung durch Technik. (progress thro technology...meaning wot exactly ?).

Opel : Wir leben Autos. (we love cars, well there's a surprise!).

I think we're just supposed to be mad impressed with the "serious" (and always male) German voice-over and their deserved reputation for knocking out the best nuts and bolts in the world.

Could you imagine an ad for German Orange juice run along the same lines:

Deutsche Orangensaft. Das saft., wir leben der saft, Deustsche Orangensaft:Vorsprung durch technik ....hmmm,doesn't really have the same effect.;)

Last edited:
123.ie just log on and save money.

Eh, no I won't. I saves money by going elsewhere.

Dunnes Stores - The Difference Is, We're Irish

got to aggree with that. We're expensive, some of our stores look like they are straight out of the 1950s, but its okay folks because WERE IRISH

How much did they pay an advertising firm to think up that beauty.

Crown paint, its not just paint, its personal.

Why does that annoy me so much?

Because its crap, Because you grew up with thier other slogan. Eating cheese sandwiches and drinking tea and that ad would pop up

DONT JUST PAINT IT CROWN IT.

Now thats a slogan

Now thats a slogan

Very true. You reminded me of that one for Gateaux Cakes..."got to get a gateaux, got to get a gateaux cake!" The thing just stuck in your head. Didn't they also do the one " that's a grand cake Norah"?

Because its crap, Because you grew up with thier other slogan. Eating cheese sandwiches and drinking tea and that ad would pop up

Now thats a slogan

Yeah - that was a great slogan

Brilliant !:D

What about all the German car ads including slogans that almost nobody understands and are kinda meaningless!

VW - Das Auto ( The Car. Ok,well this one is easy).

Audi : Vorsprung durch Technik. (progress thro technology...meaning wot exactly ?).

Opel : Wir leben Autos. (we love cars, well there's a surprise!).

I think we're just supposed to be mad impressed with the "serious" (and always male) German voice-over and their deserved reputation for knocking out the best nuts and bolts in the world.

Could you imagine an ad for German Orange juice run along the same lines:

Deutsche Orangensaft. Das saft., wir leben der saft, Deustsche Orangensaft:Vorsprung durch technik ....hmmm,doesn't really have the same effect.;)

I too find those ads incredibly annoying ... 'Aus liebe zum auto' etc. Every time I see one of them I get the impression that it's smug and on the basis that anyone who doesn't speak German should. We know the historical connotations of that kind of thinking ...

It's not on TV/Radio, but some monring I pass a van from a poultry company on my way into work, their slogan, painted on the side of the van is "Poultry in motion", always makes me smile

Back