Whatever happened to Wispas?

...and apparently Starburst are reverting to Opal Fruits.

Now that there appears to be a retro vibe, what I want to see is the reurn of a real oldie - anyone remember Spangles? :)

Sorry, Gramps, what you on about? :D

I've eaten many a spangle, can't remember what they changed them to - or did they just disappear altogether?

In other news, does anyone remember a minty Mars Bar shaped bar?

Was that not simply what they were called? :)

:rolleyes: and indeed :D

Nope. I remember there was an Aztec bar for a while around the same time, I keep thinking Minto or similar.
I believe Australia had an orange flavour Mars Bar a while ago too :eek:

Close, but the one I recall wasn't crispy - it was Mars bar texture, but had a minty caramel layer.

Eurgh! Sounds horrible.

I'm still lamenting the loss of the roses soft centred coffee chocolate, my favourite sweet of all time.

However I manage to console myself in other ways, with wine and icecream and such like...:)

Eurgh! Sounds horrible.

I'm still lamenting the loss of the roses soft centred coffee chocolate, my favourite sweet of all time.

However I manage to console myself in other ways, with wine and icecream and such like...:)

Tasted better than it sounds, trust me! The mint was fairly mild, I'm sure.

Anyhoo, I eat lots of chocolate & usually have a few coffee centres looking lost & unloved after a munch.
Feel free to come & take them away, I'll throw in a snack size Ben & Jerry's! ;)

Anyhoo, I eat lots of chocolate & usually have a few coffee centres looking lost & unloved after a munch.
Feel free to come & take them away, I'll throw in a snack size Ben & Jerry's! ;)

That's sweet (!) but I'm afraid the ones I liked are gone now...:(

People who disliked the coffee creams were an answer to my prayers and come New Year I usually had a great time when visiting my many aunties and cousins etc

Does anyone recall a bar called "Secret", it was kind of posh, it came in a gold wrapper but was in cardboard inside the wrapper. it was a very light bar with a caramel centre?

I love the kiddies Macaroon bars, i saw them in a local shop one day and bought 2 (okay 4!!)

Ditto on the coffee creams, my most fav sweet EVER. I also did the rounds at Xmas picking up from others Roses tins. It got to a stage where ppeople made up bags for me of the coffee creams.
I have to make do now with the random happiness I get from a bag of revels !!!!!

Bring back the coffee cream, or at least tell me where I can buy a whole packet ;)

Confession time...I hate wispa's. The name put me off for ages - the r being silent as it were - and when I finally tried them I just didn't like them...at all.

Does anyone remember the things that used to pop in your mouth...stardust I think they were called. Ohh baby they were goooood.:)

Back