AIB What to do when AIB responds to your appeal to the Step by Step Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disregard! The response arrived in the post just now- I assume it's pretty much the same as others received. Will get going on our reply. Thanks for your help so far.

Just got a letter from BDO stating they note my recent submission in relation to my appeal and that it is now with the Bank for review. It also states that “the tracker panel has indicated that it anticipates being in a position to issue its decision in respect of appeal within a period of 16-18 weeks”. Just wondering if this timeline has been standard for everyone else (from previous posts/forums I was under the impression it was much less?) or has it increased due to AIB and the Tracker Panel starting to take it more seriously or just that they’re swamped with appeal cases?

Hi Lainey

Well AIB will take 4 weeks to respond.
Then their response will be sent to you and you will be given 5 days in which whether to ask if you can respond or not.

So 16 weeks will fly past.

I doubt that the Appeals Panel will take these cases seriously. They haven't so far.
Brendan

Hi Brendan
Please see attached a letter yesterday and a letter I received today from BDO I am a little confused with what to do next

upload_2019-5-17_17-20-37.png

upload_2019-5-17_17-20-16.png

Attachments

• 6F9523FE-3034-45AC-B53A-8BDE9E7714AB.jpeg
    6F9523FE-3034-45AC-B53A-8BDE9E7714AB.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 796
  • DF953E82-DFFC-47CA-91BF-FA48F027DB8D.jpeg
    DF953E82-DFFC-47CA-91BF-FA48F027DB8D.jpeg
    872.6 KB · Views: 782
  • upload_2019-5-17_17-17-29.png
    upload_2019-5-17_17-17-29.png
    848 KB · Views: 588
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why they sent you two letters. BDO is all over the place.

But read AIB's response.

Compare it to the response they sent to everyone else at the top of this thread.

Assuming it's the same, send a response based on the draft response in this thread.

Brendan

Hi Brendan, I got the same 16 to 18 weeks for decision.

I’m thinking like you, the appeals panel will not take these cases seriously.

What I can’t understand is how the Central Bank of Ireland is happy for the Financial Service & Pension Ombudsman’s Office to except all of these cases when BDO rejects. AIB & BDO are going to make fools of the FSPO Office & land all of these cases on their doorstep, make them investigate for months/years to come, all while the fat cats in AIB look on, hoping that this will go away & they can get their salary increased.

Hi Brendan. Thank you so much for all your help with this. We had a split mortgage and came off a fixed rate in 2011. The other portion of our mortgage was on tracker LTV 50-80%. I presume that this is the rate bracket we should have been offered when the fixe period ended? You very kindly posted a historic rate table for LTV > 80% but Im wondering if there is a similar chart for 50-80% LTV? I have looked online and I think same was 1.15% as at July 2008 but I cant find what AIB increased it to in 2013. Would you know this information? Many thanks

Hi Brendan, we sent in our appeal, which we thought was within the 10 days ( there was a bank holiday in it) but they still came back saying they didn’t receive a reply. I called and left a message but no one returned my call. Is there anymore more we should do?
Thank you so much for all the guidance

I just kept calling back until I got an answer, they never responded to the VMs that I left but once I got them on the phone were helpful and would put notes on the file saying I called and that had responded. Took them at least a week to 10 days from the time I sent the response to acknowledge it on the phone.

Brendan is this the one

Attachments

• 1E63F921-52F0-4E9B-80C2-FF4C52BD3D3C.jpeg
    1E63F921-52F0-4E9B-80C2-FF4C52BD3D3C.jpeg
    902.2 KB · Views: 937
Hi Brendan
I received the letter from BDO last week stating also they note my recent submission in relation to my appeal and that tracker panel will bein a position to issue its decision in respect of appeal within a period of 16-18 weeks.

I then received a letter and pack today from BDO containing AIBs response and it says that it hasn't been considered by AIB tracker panel and I have 10 working days if I want to submit a reply. It appears to be very similar to your attachment at the start of the thread. Will I proceed with my reply as per your draft reply with it tailored as per my case?

Thanks Brendan
I am just getting my reply to BDO ready. In 2017 I queried with AIB a request I had made with them by phone in 2010 regarding the option of a tracker rate as my fixed rate mortgage was expiring. This is the reply I received from them which is very confusing. In one respect they deny I queried a tracker mortgage but then also accept I did query it. Do you think I should include this with my reply? It will be in the correspondence going from AIB going to BDO anyway?

Really appreciate all your assistance and advice on this.
20190610_210823.jpg

That does not seem that confusing to me.

You are saying that you had a phone call whereby you asked to revert to a tracker.
They are saying that they have listened back to this call and that you discussed something else but not the tracker.

I presume that they are correct.

Brendan

Hi Jellytot , I see what you are saying, Brendan the wording is odd in the reply

Firstly they say that they have listedned to the cconversation and there was no discussion relating to tracker rates etc.

they then go onto say "it is worth noting at the time you contacted the bank in 2010 TO REQUEST A TRACKER RATE on your account"

therefore they are saying that you did call in 2010 to request a tracker, however they may be different dates in 2010??

thanks

Ah, I see.

I suspect that is careless wording and what they mean is that at the time she alleges she contacted the bank...

Brendan

Thanks October2019 and Brendan for your replies. That was what confused me October2019 as I recall I did query a tracker rate by phone on expiry of the fixed rate but not sure exactly when. I have sent the reply to BDO but was wondering should I request transcripts to see what was exactly said....hard to recall 9 years later and not sure if it would add anything .

Hi Brendan,
How do I go about joining up with the group - I am STILL going through the appeals process!
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back