AIB What to do when AIB responds to your appeal to the Step by Step Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the borrowers has amended my draft to refer to the Oireachtas Finance Committee.

It's a good update which I have highlighted in yellow.

Brendan
Apologies if I missed it - but the draft response talks about an attachment on Page 2: "(...) see attached AIB document on page 7 (...)". Would somebody be able to make that document available in the forum? Or is it the document with the rate tables - which is available in Brendan's original post, but it doesn't appear to have page numbers....
cheers
Fred
PS And thanks for your diligence in this matter Brendan! Inspirational!

Hi Brendan, thanks so much for all your help with this, I was using the template you deleted as my response, should I not send it? (I didn’t finish and now it’s gone!)
Marion

If you are happy with it, use it.

I deleted it because it was confusing a few people and I was answering for something I had not written.

Brendan

Any one get confirmation of receipt of their repsonse to AIB?

I didn't get any confirmation that my response was received. I did have it tracked and it was signed for but no letter to acknowledge that it had been received.

Just called them and they haven't received mine yet it was posted a week ago yesterday, they advised that I send it again and said they will note it on the file.

A bit of a timeline for those still awaiting response from BDO / AIB…

We submitted our appeal early March, and heard from BDO two weeks later saying it was being processed. We then got our response in mid-April. The submission date was blank, and the letter attached said that it had not yet been considered by the AIB Tracker Panel.

We were given 10 days to respond, and did so using Brendan's guide.

We just received a letter stating that our most recent submission is still receiving attention and is currently with the bank for review. AIB Tracker Panel is considering our appeal, and they anticipate being in a position to issue a decision within 14 – 16 weeks.

We then have the option to accept / reject.

We just received a letter stating that our most recent submission is still receiving attention and is currently with the bank for review. AIB Tracker Panel is considering our appeal, and they anticipate being in a position to issue a decision within 14 – 16 weeks.

Clare that is very helpful - thank you.

1) You appealed
2) AIB replied
3) You responded to their application
4) They will probably reply to your response ...
5) I think you will be asked if you want to respond again, then you will have to ask the Chairman for his permission...

Brendan

What does this mean "then you will have to ask the Chairman for his permission..."?

"then you will have to ask the Chairman for his permission..."?

The appellant gets 10 days to respond to AIB's reply.

After that, both AIB and the appellant must first apply to the Chair for permission to respond. This is to make sure that it does not go on forever. Such permission is usually forthcoming.

Brendan

Hi Brendan
Again thanks for all your help with the response to AIB. Myself and my partner both received our responses and want to submit your suggested response. These are two individual cases - mine is with my own property and his is with his ex-wife on their property. I just notice on his response the wording of Section 5 of the summary appeal relating to
upload_2019-5-7_10-30-18.png

In his it is worded slightly differently and comes under point 4. Should he reflect that in the response? His says " As existing customers, the Customers were entitled to the tracker interest rate which was offered when they became mortgage customers and it is not relevant that Tracker interest rates were not available to new customers on the date that the Customers' Fixed interest rate period ended. " This point isn't even mentioned in my summary of appeal even though we both used your suggested draft for both. Any advice is appreciated.

This is AIB's summary of what he said?

I don't really think it's that material that they omitted in their summary of your case.

The standard response is still appropriate.
Brendan

Hi Brendan that comes under the Section 5 Summary Appeal part on his case. I'll tell him to submit the standard response as suggested. Should I leave just that part out on my case as it's not mentioned at all? Thanks again for your advice.

Hi, I sent my appeal pack back over 12 days ago, No BDO acknowledgement, did other people receive any acknowledgement?

Hi I also sent my appeal pack back within time limit but got a letter dated 7th May saying because I didnt get my response in by 7th May they have forwarded my appeal to tracker panel. I am so upset cos I didnt register letter...what can I do now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back