What everyday household products are cheaper in N.I.

Sainsburys

Jellybean,

Just a note to let you know its the Newry shop that gives the good exchange rate. Sprucefield does not take Euro so I pay by credit card. Lovely shop though.

Thanks

Amanda.

Sainsbury Sprucefield

I shopped in Sainsburys in Sprucefield in February and paid in Euro no problem

easy to confuse exchange rates

If Sainsburys are giving 73c against each £1 STG. is that not better than 0.71?

Just to let people know that this is misleading.

What was meant to be said was "they are giving 73 pence sterling for each €1"

By the way, if any NI retailer are giving 73p, jump at this, as it is a very good rate. The market rate is about 66p for you euro.

Protocol

norn iron prices

Sainsburys in Newry are no longer giving great deals on beer. Probably feel they dont have to because of the number of Dubs there every weekend. Its like Grafton street on a Saturday. Sainsburys in Armagh are better for beer anyway. I dont know the prices elsewhere but its hard to see the savings when you take petrol etc into consideration. Obviously border towns like Dundalk are having to compete with Newry etc and it is probably cheaper for shopping than towns further away from the border, except for petrol of course! There are three shopping centres in Dundalk, two have large Tesco stores are their anchor tenant and the third has Superquinn. There are two Dunnes stores in town one clothes only in the town centre and one large store with food and clothes in a residental area of town. There is also an ALDI and if these stores can compete with Newry and their prices are the same as the rest of the country I find it hard to see the savings made when petrol etc is taken into consideration. There are plans to open two new shopping centres in the town, one designer village type and one in the town centre. AS far as I can make out this last one will be owned by UTV. Both are large developments by Irish standards, so having to compete with Northern Ireland obviously has some some benefits.

norn iron prices

UTV, do you mean Ulster Television?

Ulster Television are opening a shopping centre in Dundalk??

Back