What are we watching on TV?

I can't see HBO moving from their 10 Episodes a season

Even this season they've averaged an extra 5 minutes per episode which means their overall screen time is the equivalent of 11 episode (of 'normal' length).

Bit of a damp squib ending to the season IMO, would have much preferred Joffrey's wedding to be the finale to the season

I always found the Dany in Slavers Bay chapters a bit on the boring side, especially in comparison to the happenings in Kings Landing and North of the Wall so I was disappointed with that, although given that the title of the Episode was Mhysa I should have expected it really

After The Red Wedding, anything would suffer in comparison :D !

This seems to be the trend for GoT; penultimate episode has the fireworks (Ned Stark, Blackwater, Red Wedding) while the last one sets up storylines for the next season.

Not having read Book 4, there's a fair bit in Book 3 to be included in Season 4, e.g. Joffrey's wedding, Mance Rayder.

Surprised to see them return to Balon Greyjoy. Not sure how that added anything to the narrative. Also, the Theon storyline is one that could have been dropped without being missed.

Highlight of the episode, for me, was the Tywin / Joffrey face-off.

After The Red Wedding, anything would suffer in comparison :D !

This seems to be the trend for GoT; penultimate episode has the fireworks (Ned Stark, Blackwater, Red Wedding) while the last one sets up storylines for the next season.

Not having read Book 4, there's a fair bit in Book 3 to be included in Season 4, e.g. Joffrey's wedding, Mance Rayder.

Surprised to see them return to Balon Greyjoy. Not sure how that added anything to the narrative. Also, the Theon storyline is one that could have been dropped without being missed.

Highlight of the episode, for me, was the Tywin / Joffrey face-off.

Need to be careful of spoilers from the books, but I think they'd done well with what they've focussed on and for future events too. Even some of the dull bits from the books have been improved (Jon and Ygritte is pretty tedious in the books, but HBO made that one work).

The problem for me is that at the moment in the books and show, the Dany thing could still be left out and (so far) the story wouldn't suffer. I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

On a different note, the Killing (US) is back for season three. The first two seasons were good, but based on the original. This is the first season they've written themselves and having only seen the first two episodes, it's actually much better and the first two seasons were very good too. They're free to take the characters in a new direction and it's looking interesting. The point when Linden suddenly dons the old jumper again is a great moment to punctuate her obsession.

I know I'm years out of date but as a non Sky customer I bought season 1 of Moone Boy recently - absolutely loved it, very funny, very feel-good and a good dollop of nostalgia.

Did season 2 keep up the standard? I see season 3 is confirmed to go ahead already so they must have been happy with season 2. How will they keep the imaginery friend going much longer though?

The Returned started on Ch4 last Sunday night and can still be viewed on 4OD. French series with subtitles.

I thought it was very good and apparently was a big hit in France. Dead coming back to live after many years and returning home not knowing they had been gone.

Not a zombie in sight!

Love my TV shows

But I never liked Breaking Bad. I watched all the way to Series 4 waiting & waiting for this show to click with me and it never did.

I don't get the hype but with some many people rating the show I just kept trying with it

Starting into Season 5 as I may as well finish it off

Plus Laura Fraser is in it, my future wife. :eek:
Most gorgeous actress alive. I'm in love!

Watched first episode of 'Orange is the new Black' on Netflix yesterday. Not my cup of tea, despite the adult content and scenes :eek:.

But, it has the makings of a good TV drama and scored well with US TV critics.

Based on House of Cards, and now this, Netflix can be up there with the likes of HBO and AMC.

Anyone watched The White Queen on BBC over the last few weeks - reviews have ripped it to bits but it's actually quite watchable IMO and historically accurate too (as much as period dramas can be vis-a-vis dialogue etc)

Anyone watched The White Queen on BBC over the last few weeks - reviews have ripped it to bits but it's actually quite watchable IMO and historically accurate too (as much as period dramas can be vis-a-vis dialogue etc)

Don't watch much telly these days but have watched about 3 of these of a sunday night and yes I'd agree, very 'watchable'.

I watch the White Queen, it is not the best drama ever produced by BBC but it fills a gap on Sunday night. It has a bit of raunch but not as blatant as The Tudors.

Watched first episode of 'Orange is the new Black' on Netflix yesterday. Not my cup of tea, despite the adult content and scenes :eek:.

But, it has the makings of a good TV drama and scored well with US TV critics.

I watched the first two episodes of this last night, really like it. Awesome start to it :) They really front loaded the adult scenes to get you hooked....its worked with me!

Boss, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire are all finished

At least Spartacus starts next month

I am Spartacus !

Surprised at there being no love shown for "The Americans" - I thought it was brilliant, filled a nice Homeland sized hole, and having it set in the 80's was great, old style surveillance gizmos and everything.

Though for me, the best show of the last while has been The Returned on Channel 4, unsettling rather than scary but very absorbing about dead people returning to life in a rural French town.

[broken link removed]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/?ref_=sr_1

The Mill

I'll never complain about my working conditions again and horrible bosses again!

Back