What are we watching on TV?

Emmy nominations 2012

Pretty much what I would have listed (if asked :eek:)..

Outstanding Comedy Series
- The Big Bang Theory (haven't seen season 5, but seasons 1 to 4 are great)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry David = God. Fact)
- Girls (No, really really No)
- Modern Family (still packs in more zingers than most. And Sofia Vergara packs in more .. )
- 30 Rock (still great)
- Veep (meh, but has had some good moments)

Outstanding Drama Series
- Boardwalk Empire (started well, less so in Season 2)
- Breaking Bad (Walter White = God. Fact)
- Game of Thrones (Great. It is known.)
- Homeland (for sure)
- Mad Men (meh, haven't seen Season 5, yet)
- Downton Abbey (not my cup of Earl Grey. Prefer Hugh Bonneville in Twenty Twelve)

Lead Actor in a Comedy
- Alec Baldwin in 30 Rock (absolutely)
- Don Cheadle in House of Lies (gave up on it after 3/4 episodes)
- Louis CK in Louie (not really acting, but great nonetheless)
- Jon Cryer in Two and a half men (eh, next please)
- Jim Parsons in Big Bang Theory (yes)
- Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm (prettay prettay good)

Lead Actress in a Comedy
- Lena Dunham in Girls (just don't like that show, regardless of any performance)
- Zooey Deschanel in New Girl (never watched it, reviews were meh)
- Edie Falco in Nurse Jackie (Comedy ? She's just great in anything)
- Tina Fey in 30 Rock (if only for awarding her boyfriend points for calling her Khaleessi)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Veep (did the best with what she had)
- Melissa McCarthy for Mike & Molly (never watched it)
- Amy Poehler in Parks & Recreation (definitely yes)

Lead Actor in a Drama
- Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad. The rest aren't worth mentioning. They might as well give the awards ceremony a miss.

Lead Actress in a Drama
- Claire Danes for Homeland. See above

Supporting Actor in a Drama.
- need a three-sided coin to decide between Peter (Tyrion) Dinklage in Game of Thrones, Giancarlo (Gus) Esposito or Aaron (Jesse) Paul in Breaking Bad.

Supporting Actress in a Drama.
- No opinion

How many hours a week do you spend watching TV

You can round it off to the nearest 10!

Oz

Noting to do with Australia, it's a prison drama
Wow, I hope I never go to prison :eek:
Completely brutal place
The characters are good and it's the usual high standard that HBO are known for
Have finished season 1, starting into season 2
Thumps up!

One of my favourite dramas - brutal but brilliant!

How many hours a week do you spend watching TV - You can round it off to the nearest 10!

An hour or two a night on weeknights, two or three at weekends. When you focus on the quality content from the US and ignore the scheduled dross, you can get 2 episodes of a TV drama series watched in less than 2 hours. Especially when what you're watching comes with ad breaks clipped out ;).

And get a lot more than that achieved besides.

A few weeks ago, BBC4 showed two movies on consecutive Saturdays about Jacques Mesrine, who was a career criminal in the 1960s and 1970s in France and Canada. We Sky-plussed them, and watched them over the last two nights. The first was 'Mesrine: Killer Instinct' and the second was 'Mesrine:(something something).'

Absolutely gripping. Fantastic cast (Vincent Cassel, Gerard Depardieu, et autres), really well filmed, spectacular script (sub-titled into English), really cool attention to period detail - and (according to Wikipedia) very faithful to the facts of his life. Highly highly highly recommended.

SKY 1 have Game of Thrones (season 1) starting tonight. If you've missed it so far (previously shown on SKY Atlantic and available on box-set), now is your chance.

The ITV dramas are good these days.

I enjoyed The ScapeGoat.

Its very irritating the way sky plus dont allow you record the ITV Channels and the menu rigmarole you have to go through to get these channels.

Its very irritating the way sky plus dont allow you record the ITV Channels and the menu rigmarole you have to go through to get these channels.

Totally agree. We are royally shafted here in Ireland by Sky. We don't get Channel 4 HD either and the bill is more expensive in Ireland than the UK.

Another firstworld problem is the annoying way that UTV put a bright blue band advertising the 10 o'clock news right at the exciting denouements of their recent thrillers!

Was watching a Mothers Son i think a couple of weeks ago and just as you thought the main kid might either kill his mother or himself you get distracted by this stupid yoke on the top of the screen.

Definately the new season of dramas on UTV and BBC are good.
Thought the recent "THe last weekend" good as was "Some Mother's son".
Also like Materchef Austrailia back on Watch. REcord it to avoid all the ad breaks

off work at the mo....yes minister on gold has me crying laughing every day...I worked in this (it was a quango)

Homeland season 2 started in the USA last night. RTE2 have it tomorrow night. Not worth my while 'obtaining' a copy to watch before then ;).

Fringe is back on again and a new one called Revolution that looks interesting. Looking forward to Homeland.

Anyone see Homeland last night? Any good? I missed it so no major spoilers please, jsut wondering if its as good as the last one?

Also started watching Hell On Wheels, western drama about building of Union Pacific Railroad. Colin Meaney and Robin Williams are in it, slow moving but could be decent.

Also American Horror Story season two should be back soon I hope

Back