What are we watching on TV?

Leinster were class...kinda glad we're out of it now as would be embarrassing if we met Leinster.

We were good (and the sexton/ FitzGerald/O’Driscol try was sublime) but most sides would have looked good against that Cardiff display.

I keep thinking that either Gatland is a genius or Kidney is useless (or is it both?).

last night on BBC2 there was a good documentary about Dieter Dengler, a US pilot held captive by VC during Vietnam War in 1966. There was also a movie made a few years back about his captivity and escape with Christian Bale starring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Dengler

One thing about his childhood in Germany was revealing. He was born in 1938 and his mother, brothers and himself went into bombed houses, peeled wallpaper off the walls which his mother boiled for them all to eat to survive.

Breaking Bad starts on TG4 tonight at 11pm.

Whenever and wherever great US TV drama is discussed, this one is at or near the top of the lists.

Watch it.

It's worth your time.

The Practice

TV series about a small firm of lawyers

They represent real low lifes and scumbags, it's a real lowest of the low law firm
Unlike other lawyer shows these guys sometimes lose so you never know what's going to happen every week

Why does the lawyer with a prestigious Harvard law degree work with these sharks? :confused:

On Series Two, will keep going for a while

Ok, just ok

I watched the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD over 6 days (10 episodes). After taking a short break to digest and process it all (and start reading the first book), I started on Season 2 last night.

It's very good.

Long Lost Family on UTV Thursdays 9pm

nice to see people reunited after sometimes 60 years especially birth mothers and adopted babies

in last night's programme 3 sisters met for the first time ever having been born 1938-1940's

I've gone back in time to the early 90's.

Twin Peaks

Man, it's mind-blowing stuff - switching from surreal comedy to gripping scary stuff in an instant. Well worth watching for a unique slice of TV history.

Survivor TG4. Also downloading the new series Survivor 25 One World. Sad I know but I love the blindsiding.

Up to Season Five of The Practice
This show gets better and better.
However I read that soon enough the network became cheapskates, sacked all the main actors and brought in cheaper replacements
The show never recovered and was axed

But they certainly put out lots of good episodes while it lasted

The Good Wife Season Three is over, started strong but ended weakly

Damages and Suits will be starting soon, give me my legal fix over the summer :)

Final two episodes of 'The Bridge' tomorrow night on BBC4. Nobody ring me after 9pm, please.

Silk

Legal drama from the BBC
Came out last year but I only heard about it this week

There are so many American legal shows it was refreshing to get one with solicitors and barristers like the UK/Ireland system.
I know there are differences between UK and Ireland but it's a welcome break from American shows

It's well written, fast paced and the music is great

I wasn't a fan of Maxine Peake much before, didn't like her at all in Shameless but she is superb in this

Thumbs up

Big bang theory - absolutely fantastic comedy

Although the newer ones arent as good as they first 2/3 seasons

Loving Community ;).

Saddened, but not surprised, that next season is the last one, and a half season at that :(.

Really annoyed that the showrunner, Dan Harmon, has been sacked, meaning next season is a waste of everyone's time :mad:.

I've gone back in time to the early 90's.

Twin Peaks

Man, it's mind-blowing stuff - switching from surreal comedy to gripping scary stuff in an instant. Well worth watching for a unique slice of TV history.

Him indoors always watched that. I thought it was off the wall stuff.

Watched Series One of ITV drama Whitechapel

It's about a police officer leading a team to catch a Jack the Ripper copycat

Was excellent, realy enjoyed it

I'm going to watch Season two now and I think it's about London gangsters

Started into Season two of Silk, love this show
Best one I've seen in years
A shame we've lost the two pupils, they were good but now they are gone, just written out
Left a bit of a void

Watched Series One of ITV drama Whitechapel

It's about a police officer leading a team to catch a Jack the Ripper copycat

Was excellent, realy enjoyed it

I'm going to watch Season two now and I think it's about London gangsters

Started into Season two of Silk, love this show
Best one I've seen in years
A shame we've lost the two pupils, they were good but now they are gone, just written out
Left a bit of a void

Loved silk last year too. I download Graham Nortons podcasts and he had Rupert Penry Jones on and it was only then I knew there was a season two.

Not as good as This Life though.

Back