What are we watching on TV?

The Graceless Age - The Ballad of John Murry on RTE Player.

Really enjoyed this.

Kilkenny, Tupelo, William Faulkner....

I'll say no more.
 
I’ve heard of a few John Murray’s, never of John Murry, but I’ll give it a shot as soon as I can get in range of RTE Player.
 
One of my favourite movies of all time - I watched the first TV series and it was excellent, totally in-tune with the mood, plot of the movie.

I left it at that, didnt want to risk spoiling a great thing.
Theres another 4 series, equally as compellingly watchable! Give it a go :)
 
Theres another 4 series, equally as compellingly watchable! Give it a go

Ah jeez, I watched the opening episode 1 of series 2, and then I said - No Way! Regurgitation.

But, as a fan of the franchise, you are tempting me to indulge against my better wishes.

I'll see. :)
 
It was ok, I liked the Irish twists and comments to it, but like the UK one, it takes a while to get into it.
 
I looked at an episode of the English one and didnt like it much. I looked at some of last nights Irish one and could be washing my hair next week :cool:
 
Thanksgiving - Netflix - Trending @ 3 or something in Ireland yesterday - Horror masquerading as a thriller. I reckon it was specifically made for people who don’t get out of bed before 1.00pm Monday to Friday and with almost zero IQ level, a unique double. Certainly, it is amongst my worst ten films I have seen. The acting is hammy at best. Loads of blood, sadistic killings and a plot as deep as a shallow puddle in the Sahara at noon. If you need a reason to terminate your Netflix account, Thanksgiving is it.
 
Thanksgiving - Netflix - Trending @ 3 or something in Ireland yesterday - Horror masquerading as a thriller. I reckon it was specifically made for people who don’t get out of bed before 1.00pm Monday to Friday and with almost zero IQ level, a unique double. Certainly, it is amongst my worst ten films I have seen. The acting is hammy at best. Loads of blood, sadistic killings and a plot as deep as a shallow puddle in the Sahara at noon. If you need a reason to terminate your Netflix account, Thanksgiving is it.
You didn't like it then?
 
That review reminds me of some quotes from legendary movie critic Roger Ebert:

"After the screening was over and the lights went up, I observed a couple of my colleagues in deep and earnest conversation, trying to resolve twists in the plot. They were applying more thought to the movie than the makers did. A critic's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"One must carefully repress intelligent thought while watching such a film... but my brain rebelled, and insisted on applying logic where it was not welcome.... Logic applied to this movie will drive you mad."
 
A bad defeat for Ireland once again...
Two games , one point , not good enough I'm afraid :(.
Not very good television viewing either..
 
Just sat down to watch the match. And just now realise the game ended nearly an hour ago. I’m sorry I missed it. Well Done Armenia. At least, we now know all we’ve got to do is beat Portugal twice and Hungary in Hungary. But, we’ve Armenia again in Dublin. Don’t write us off yet.
 
Who was doing the post match interview ? The question about the phycologist was one of the most ridiculous I ever heard. It was like he was saving it up just to be controversial. And Kevin Doyle needs to have a good night's sleep before turning up for work.
 
I feel it's going to be a long long campaign...
for Ireland......and for the supporters and viewers.,.
 
Back
Top