@Deiseblue.........was in Kenny Cunningham that wrote that??!!
A great game, one of the best I've ever seen, but it's hard to call it the people's game when it's owned by oligarchs and oil kingdoms and the players are getting paid hundreds of thousands every week.The normally restrained Times of London described last night’s game between PSG & Bayern “ Here , the people’s game was elevated to it’s highest form - a game of the Gods “
Perhaps the journalist in question was being restrained, it was better than that !
They got it right. The Premiership interpretation of hand-ball as an offence is different to the interpretation of the officials in charge at European and other competitions. It was discussed at length by the alikadoos on the BBC Match of the Day highlights programme last night. I managed to avoid the result of the PSG vs Bayern game until the programme and regret missing the live match. What a prospect the 2nd-leg fixture promises to be.VAR messed up for PSG penalty, clearly the ball went from body to hand....what point VAR if it cannot get decisions right?
I'd say Wu had gone to 1000/1 on Betfair.What a way to lose a match.
Great match. I think Wu Yize deserved it really. He took on (and made) some pots!And 22 year old Wu Yize wins 18-17 in the snooker world championship.
PostcriptMark Allen missed a practically unmissable black...
He got great support, at least on a par with Murphy (of England not Cork).I think Wu Yize deserved it really. He took on (and made) some pots!
I did start to tire of the wu wu cheering though! There is a reason boo has a negative vibe to it.He got great support
His fans started cheering as soon as he hit the ball, taking it for granted that it was a formality.