Wedding present for couple who has everything!

As a newlywed with lots of newlywed friends (there was a wedding epidemic in our town:))…here's some suggestions.
We've just recently had the discussion of "what were the best presents you got" and here are some of the answers:
Cash (the obvious and crude one, but weddings ARE expensive)
Vouchers for weekends away
Plants/trees for garden
Aer Lingus gift vouchers
Gift voucher for art gallery
Gift voucher for online photo place (somewhere like photobox.ie where you can get your photos put on canvas etc)
A wedding guest book (just make sure to give it to coulpe in advance)
Some nice photos of their wedding day printed and put in frames - (this was my fav gift!!!!)
Wine/Champagne
Voucher for restaurant
Just from our group…and please no-one take offence to this, but the one big no-no was crystal. We are all in our early 20's and to be blunt, crystal is just not our thing. I'm not speaking for all newlyweds…..but most people our age don't have display cabinets etc and crystal just ends up gathering dust in the cupboards.
I'm not being ungrateful here…any present was a bonus, but one couple in particular got something like 12 sets of crystal wine glasses…..
The thing is that everyones taste is so different, and unless you know the couple very intimately, getting them something for their house is difficult.
I'm only giving this advice, because I'm sure you'd rather get them something that they'll be really happy with, rather than spending money on something that'll end up gathering dust.
As I said above, the best present I got was from a friend whos good at photography, he took pictures of us on the wedding day, printed them in black and white and put them in frames as our present…it was really thoughful and lovely.
Best of luck and I hope no-one takes offence at what I said.

My girlfriend does paintings of couples house or church they were married in for wedding presents. People seem to like them, she has just done one for a couple who got one for their wedding 18 months ago. They have a friend who has just gotten married. Best compliment is repeat business. Its something that you know wont be duplicated by another guest. And shows originality

anotherone can be rite in some sense, but gathering it looks like u want something SPECIAL for ur friend? i still think Crystal has it, its classy and never look cheap. especially with their anme and the date engraved on it.
its surely is a spcial gift.
i think ur friend definitly has a display cabinet..it looks glam with the halogen lights in the house!

Crystal products are so widely ranged from lamps, bowl, glass to cutlery, vase, candle holders..too much to mentioned...

I'd say ask the family about wedding lists, most weddings I've been to recently have had lists, but they weren't advertised unless you asked.
Another good buy is some really nice bed linen, find out what size their bed is and see about getting some lovely high threadcount bed sheets / pillow cases.... my personal preference is 450TC or higher, and white / cream bed linen can rarely go wrong.

I'm also recently married and we got lads of crystal glasse (about 5/6 sets in total). We did get a beautiful crystal bowl from Tipperary Crystal (Louise kennedy). It's very simple in design and we love it. Galway crystal do nice vases and we also got a lovely galway crystal lamp. I would say go for the simpeist designs when picking out any crystal.

I was going to suggest the photo frame too. I think it's a great idea and after the wedding and honeymoon there are loads of pictures to show off.

We got a few pieces of genesis and I have to say it's not our cup of tea. There are 2 quite big pieces and I hate them. I think getting a piece like this is very personal so I would avoid it.

Bumper21..i know those gensis bronze sculture is dull and horrible!
i do agree the Louise Kennedy stuff is class..personally i like WAterford crystal..which come after Louise Kennedy ...they are truly classy! looks good in the sitting room and definitly worth a while getting a display cabinet to put it in!

i still think Crystal has it, its classy and never look cheap. especially with their anme and the date engraved on it.
Was in agreement until you mentioned engravings... personally I think engraving Crystal is tacky and cheapens good crystal.

For those that have everything, I find either a case of wine or a restaurant voucher eg shanahans works best.

if its a proper job done with good crystal and good craftmanship.it always looks good..unless someone wants to sell it on..

why not get them a voucher for horse riding lessons or something they can do together.a new hobby, not something they will have to clean and polish all the time!

in my opinion voucher maybe good for their anniversary...its the couple's first and last wedding(???) i think something more memorable will be more appropriate i think.

Depending on people's budget, for someone whos willing to spend a bit of cash, crystal is something to go for!

hmmmm, i'm thinking you CAN have too many toasters and kettles!! just a thought but what about surprising them with something at the event - esp if you want it to be special - i'm thinking along the lines of havin a couple of people at the reception early playin bit of trad music? Obv depends on who you know - been to couple of weddings and this really got the evenin off to a great start --- and they'll never forget it!

Back