Wedding present for couple who has everything!

blinkbelle

Hi,

My partner and I have been invited to a wedding and its next week. Were very close friends. I havent bought a present yet and I still have no idea of what to buy them.

They are not short of cash so any money id say would be an insult (we arnt rich) so wouldnt be able to give that much.

They have house and all the usual stuff, we are so stuck have absolutely no idea. Asking my partner is like asking a brick wall.

Please help! :confused:

Do they have a wedding list? Is there someone else you could ask, e.g. bridesmaid, groomsmen or family member?
In general I think most couples let it known what they'd like or are expecting in terms of gifts, unless they don't mind getting half a dozen random lamps :)

no there was no mention of gifts at all tiger. Thanks for that brianp what a great idea.

I dont think they row that much though :eek:

The vouchers you can get in the post office are great. You can spend them anywhere... It's a tough one trying to find something for the couple who have everything.

May be a bit odd for a wedding present but I've received & seen others get worse...... one or perhaps a pair of [broken link removed]

What about a few bottles of good champagne? whatever you intend to spend nicely presented. just a thought.

A friend of mine was married recently, not short of cash either - had a house and all the mod cons etc.
I got a really super case of wine, got bottles of wine for drinking. 1 to lay down for their first anniversary, 1 to lay down for their 5th anniversary.
They were delighted and will definitely put it to good use!
As somebody who was married recently, I can tell you that the best presents were the ones that were thought about. We did get masses of wine glasses - 8 cases in fact :eek:
Another good gift would be a portrait sitting with a good photographer - we got a gift of this and have an amazing portrait to show for it.

it is so hard to find something. We were looking at glasses but shir they prob have a press full of them and never be used.

I got a really super case of wine, got bottles of wine for drinking. 1 to lay down for their first anniversary, 1 to lay down for their 5th anniversary.

mo3art do you have any idea where I could get a case like this?

Any decent wine shop will give you good advice if you like. Depends on your budget.
We used Terroirs but I'm sure you could use O'Briens or Cheers etc.

A number of charities have a system where you can buy a goat or whatever for a family in Africa. They then send you a certificate to that effect. Why not buy one in your friend's name and present them with the certificate?

May be a bit odd for a wedding present but I've received & seen others get worse...... one or perhaps a pair of [broken link removed]
What a coll site - you have helped me with 5 of my xmas presents this year. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Hi

If they're anyways eco friendly you could get a voucher for the eco shop in Kilmacanogue,Co Wicklow. They have a good range of stuff,it's a nice shop and it's something a little different for people who otherwise have everything they want .

A

try this guys Jesmond in Clyde Road, they do lots of gifts and hampers.
i bought lots of Wedding gift from them and they offer great service and advice.
[broken link removed]

crystal vase with their name and date engraved on it would be special!

Back