Waiting long on qualification on the title

we're still waiting to hear back from Avant on this issue but I have setup an engineer to go out to the property. The retention route at the best of times can take months and I can imagine at the present time it certainly wouldn't be accelerated. We absolutely did not want to go that route particularly for such minor issues.
My own solicitor said that other lenders she has dealt with would have accepted the qualification without issue. It's interesting to hear your experience between Ulster bank and Avant.
Really it should be the seller but at this stage we just want everything to go through as quickly as possible. I'm paying for storage and other monthly fees at the moment and really keen to get into the house now after a few weeks of staying with family.
If I get any update from Avant, I will post here for information. Best of luck .
Did you get this sorted?
I am in the same situation now are are waiting on response from the bank, just wondering how long it took for you?

Did you get this sorted?
I am in the same situation now are are waiting on response from the bank, just wondering how long it took for you?
I ended up going a different route and I hired another engineer to take a look, explaining the situation to him, and he provided a Cert of Exemption providing reasoning for this. In an ideal market, I wpuld have pushed back on sellers to obtain this, but I took the hit on this cost. Once this was available things were fine. I believe my solicitor sooke directly with Avant, but once she had this she oulled the request for qualification of title.
Hope you get sorted

Back