Vodafone's 16euro/ month -calls/ texts offer to Public Service type organisations

M

MarySmyth

Wondering why this framework agreement cannot be extended to struggling small businesses - public sector type organisations (including Councils/ VECs, etc) benefit from this attractive no limits rate - for unlimited mobile to mobile/ landline calls and texts.

No bundle offer on any of the service provider websites comes even close to this. Is the general public and small businesses not effectively subsidising?

Any comments?

for unlimited mobile to mobile/ landline calls and texts.

So Vodafone have a package for 16 EUR for unlimited texts and unlimited mobile and landline calls for public servants?

No bundle offer on any of the service provider websites comes even close to this.

'48' charge 10 EUR per month for unlimited mobile calls and unlimited texts.

Meteor charge 15.15 EUR per month for 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1 GB data.

Vodafone's 16 euro offer

Yes offer is via employer for employees or councillors- connected persons. Not as an individual and must be accessed via a contact person within relevant organisation. Data is 10 euro/ month extra. But total still dwarfs any bundles with 200 minutes etc etc

Why o why... not available to general public...

'secret' offer

Yes - would you tell the world of a cheaper offer if you could make more per customer from everyone else... thence reason for highlighting it here...

Vodafone don't make more from this customer by not telling me of this offer, because my personal mobile is with another operator!

Just curious, where did you see this offer/information?

Vodafone's public sector €16/pcm offer

How did I hear? Friend is a public sector employee who is on offer... I am sure your other operator can't match this rate...

Could you just clarify for me please - is this unlimited offer from vodafone for the business mobile (i.e. the phone that belongs to the public sector organisation) as part of the business bundle they've negotiated or is it a package offered to an employee for their own mobile phone that isn't used for business purposes (who also carries a business phone)?

I re-read the first post and just got a tad confused. Thanks!

Vodafone

Sorry for confusion- phone is owned by the relevant organisation or privately if a councillor and used for 'business' purposes. Maximum payable at end of month is €16 and additional €10 if data used. No additional payments...

As a 'private customer', I see from E Mobile's literature today that they will charge €55/ month for similar; 02 charge €59; and Vodafone themselves would charge €109!

I have that deal with 02, HSE work phone. Its costs €13.5 a month plus vat and is described as Government release plan. I wasn't given any details about it but when I rang asking why all the calls and texts were free (I thought it was an error) I was told it was arranged nationally. I don't use any data.

Vodafone offer

Sorry I am not a techie so no good on detailed questions re., what offer includes. It just sounded like an offer too good to be true- but reality is that it is there and exists. I am sure Vodafone's Customer Care or Press Office can advise.

So why are customers being discriminated against- we can all join up and become a force under the umbrella of 'SFA- Small Firms' and we too should benefit? I am sure Vodafone's Customer Care or Press Office can advise.

Let's all do our bit to get the country working...

We are giving out because the State seem to be paying too little to a private operator for their employees mobile usage??

So what if Vodafone don't make the offer available to everyone. That's their business. Just because I manage to negotiate a discount in a shop doesn't mean everyone should automatically get it. Hardly discrimination.

Vodafone

Point taken- but just highlighting the difference between a 'bargain' an individual thinks they are getting with Vodafone at over €100/pcm, when the same offer is just €26/pcm for a 'public sector' customer.

Dog eats dog!

There is probably a high chance, if you ring them and say you are in the public sector that they will give you this offer.

There is probably a high chance, if you ring them and say you are in the public sector that they will give you this offer.

I don't think so, my phone is owed by my employer and they pay the bill. Your usage comes into it too as my colleague only gets free calls/texts to other work phones. When she asked she was told who gets the plan I have is decided nationally.

€26 for all calls, texts and 1Gb data is not bad but there are other very good packages out there to compete with that which have been mentions above.
However I suspect the OP is a business user and no phone company is going to offer that for a business where as public servant would not be heavy users IMO.
The nice thing for Vodafone is they get public servant to leave the other mobile operators and so get there custom.

I think to say customers are being discriminated against is a bit over the top.

Also to suggest that the general public and small businesses are subsidising this is just not true. Vodafone are not loosing on this.

I am sure other big companies have done deals with O2 or Meteor… I know HP have

a friend has an o2 staff offer from her employer, that she told me about, recently, from what i recall it is...

€2.50 per month rental
19c calls to other networks.
3 cent texts to any network
3 cent landline calls
free voicemail
3 cent calls to o2

what is the priceplan name of the €16 vodafone plan?

Wondering why this framework agreement cannot be extended to struggling small businesses - public sector type organisations (including Councils/ VECs, etc) benefit from this attractive no limits rate - for unlimited mobile to mobile/ landline calls and texts.

No bundle offer on any of the service provider websites comes even close to this. Is the general public and small businesses not effectively subsidising?

Any comments?

hi, what is the name of the vodafone price plan for €16?
thanks

Back