Visa Electron Card

I just signed up and stuck 15 euro in it. Should be handy for the free Ryanair flights.

NO!

Mine expires 11/09

From reading their site, you simply create a new card and transfer the funds from the old card to the new card. No biggie imho.

Just booked Ryanair flights with my new "Visa electron".
Thank you TarfHead, you just saved me almost €40 :D

I just realised that the article said to set the account up in GBP. I just finished setting it up in Eur. Does it have to be GBP to work?

If it is do you think they EntroPay will let me change the currency to GBP?

I don't know. I just set it up in Eur and then re-read the article. It states:

1. Sign up for EntroPay but make sure that your chosen account currency is GBP. Postal code is required so type in EIRE or some random postal code.

The GBP part is in bold. They must have had their reasons for writing this but if euro worked for you then happy days!

when i opened an account in Bulgaria a few years ago i got a visa electon card with it..i wonder would it still work..or how can i put money in it..it used to work in cash machines here if i remeber correctly.

Pat

not a VISA, but Ryanair is doing a top-up MASTERCARD now:
[broken link removed]

Just got my 'virtual' visa electron card. Put 15euro on it. Will wait for ryanair to lower their prices again and hey presto I am there, where, anywhere they go for 1 cent or 1 euro.....
Going to London tuesday for 1 euro and it cost me 12, could have saved 10 p.p.
Tough.

€85 seems a tad steep.

it is. but i just checked a few providers in Germany and some of them are charging €50 every 6 month.

on a side-note: who is the target for a prepay-creditcard? people who are not able to get a creditcard (for what reason ever)!

and what do you have to do to get a Ryanair prepaid creditcard? you need to pay that initial fee with a creditcard! how stupid is that? no option to pay by LASER. so off you go and buy a 3V voucher to get this thing... :rolleyes:

The prepaid card has some advantages that 3v can't provide, i.e. a physical card that can be produced when booking hotels, tickets etc. Also the card can be used in physical shops.

007 the article says you must select GBP as Euro card option is not an Electron card, have you proved this to be wrong by making a booking with a Euro version card ??

I missed that. I haven't tried yet. I think you may be right. My merchant machine thinks it is a visa card.

Ah well. I shall set up a new account so. :)

Im a bit confused. How can you be saving money when you have to pay 4.95% on any transfer you make to the card. For example you transfer €100 to the card you'll have to pay €4.95 for the bank charge anyway. Will ryanair flights automatically just become 0.01c for a flight just because you have the card?

Back