Virgin turning off analogue tv early June

Discussion in 'Service Providers' started by Frank, May 8, 2018.

1. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

2. ClubMan

ClubMan Frequent Poster

I find the best way to communicate with VM is using their chat support facility on their website. That way you can also get a transcript of the "conversation" which can be useful evidence in the event of any subsequent disagreement.

Sue Ellen likes this.
  3. theresa1

theresa1 Frequent Poster

I'm wrong -well in the short term. No plan's at present to turn off Analogue Radio. I just spoke with a Tech on my road. It could go in late 2019 or maybe 2023 but that's pure speculation -going nowhere for the moment.

4. Tintagel

Tintagel Frequent Poster

I spoke to a manager in their customer service department who didn't know that there was a "talk to" service on Boards.ie. Although having spoken to them I was no wiser after the event.

5. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

I have just seen this on the boards.ie page so I presume it's correct.

upload_2018-8-8_18-27-54.png

It's so frustrating that I had spent so much time looking for a way around this and so many Virgin Media reps have misled people.

I had almost cancelled by Virgin Media and bought a FreeSat box.

Brendan

6. Odea

Odea Frequent Poster

I'm watching a BBC programme at the moment and there is a message running across the bottom of the screen telling me that they are switching off their analogue service. It is extremely annoying. Why not have it on for 5 minutes at the start of each programme and then switch it off.

7. SlugBreath

SlugBreath Frequent Poster

Virgin Media are switching off their analogue TV service.

What incentives are they offering people to continue to do business with them?

8. theresa1

theresa1 Frequent Poster

9. SlugBreath

Not so sure about that. If you push you might get a free box plus free installation in ONE room. Those of us who have enjoyed the facility of a second room viewing for ourselves or children will have to pay to continue to see what we already have and in some cases already paid for in our annual subscription.

I understand you will have to pay for the second box and pay for installation. You will then be charged double per month compared to what you are already paying for this service.

They will not allow existing customers opt for their cheaper Freedom TV package which is comparable to the analogue service.

They are not doing anybody any favours.

10. theresa1

theresa1 Frequent Poster

If you already paid in advance for analogue points you would get a credit back pro rata. The digital multiroom boxes as they are called do work out more expensive than an analogue point but you get more channels.

Some people had FREE extra analogue points - the FREE ride is over I'm afraid.

11. SlugBreath

Not everybody wants extra channels. Virgin won't allow people move to their Freedom TV package which is almost identical to the old analogue package.
    Why are they not offering the actual box for the extra room, free to their existing analogue customers.

12. Leo

Leo Moderator

Then you'd likely be better off going SaorView / free to air and save yourself the monthly fee.