Virgin Media Customer service

Discussion in 'Letting Off Steam' started by cremeegg, Oct 3, 2017.

1. cremeegg

cremeegg Frequent Poster

Virgin Media Customer service is a joke.

I am using (trying to use) their web chat to resolve an issue. After 20 minutes I am number 15 in the queue.

I love this forum.

2. Delboy

Delboy Frequent Poster

I was on it last week. Took me 20 minutes to get from #8 to actually talking to someone.
    Any other year at renewal time, it only took a minute or so to get through so they must have had more staff cut backs. Meanwhile the prices of their packages have shot up! Best offer I got this year was 3 months half price, 9 at full. So I gave me notice to quit and am currently looking at other options

3. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

When it was UPC it was a disaster. It was the reason I moved to Sky (their customer service is superb). I don't suppose it has improved much with the name change.

4. amtc

amtc Frequent Poster

I discovered a trick recently if you ring them. Press 1 for bills and account and then ask for customer service and you're put straight through to the Irish call centre. While I was on I chanced my arm and ended up with a half price offer

Firehead and cremeegg like this.
  5. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Under no circumstances would I ever use them again, even if they were offering me their package for free.

6. Delboy

Delboy Frequent Poster

amtc, half price for how long?

7. amtc

amtc Frequent Poster

6 months

8. amtc

amtc Frequent Poster

I mentioned I used to work in ComReg. This may have helped!

9. Delboy

Delboy Frequent Poster

Have you had 6 month half price deals recently with them?
    They tell me I've used up all on 6 month and 9 month offers

10. amtc

amtc Frequent Poster

Yep. Had one last year and year before

Delboy likes this.
  11. roker

roker Frequent Poster

It just took nine email/telephone calls to get SKY to disconnect after I moved house

12. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Did they answer the phone when you called them?

13. Firefly

Firefly Frequent Poster

I've had a different (good) experience with Virgin. Granted it was some months ago, but I had issues with my BB and got through to someone immediately. It was an issue in the area and was resolved about an hour later.

I work from home sometimes (today for e.g.) so quality / resilience of BB is far more important to me than cost. I would give Virgin 10/10 for this over the past 3 years. It's just rock solid here anyway.

14. roker

roker Frequent Poster

I always got talk to someone or received a reply via email, they kept contradicting themselves