Health Insurance VHI waived premium

Got mine Friday looks like, one month into being a new VHI member! Very glad I switched from Laya now

Cheque in the post this morning, no Monday morning blues for me! I won't even quibble that despite having my details they've sent a cheque because opening that envelope was an unexpected treat :)

I pay by direct debit. Got refund direct to bank account without having to separately provide account details.

Perhaps that's because I use the same account to get paid for day-to-day expenses claims from VHI and they have the details on record?

Perhaps that's because I use the same account to get paid for day-to-day expenses claims from VHI and they have the details on record?
I had a bank account set up last year to receive claims and thought they would issue the refund to me there but they didn't, they sent a cheque.

This year there was an option to enter your bank details for the waiver refund on My Vhi, which i did.

From their explanatory guide:

If we have your bank details

If you have already provided us with your bank details for the purposes of either receiving premium waiver payments or paying for your cover, there’s no need to do anything, as we will automatically transfer your payment direct to your bank account.

Similarly, if you have provided us with your bank details for Snap & Send claiming within the last 12 months, we will automatically transfer the money direct to your bank account.

If we don’t have your bank details

If we don’t have your bank details on file, we will issue you with a cheque. If however, you would prefer your payment to be transferred direct to your bank account, you can quickly and easily provide your details through our safe and secure online portal MyVhi.

Back