Health Insurance VHI waived premium

Páid

I received my cheque today despite asking for the refund to be issued electronically. They never responded to my email of the 15th December 2020.

VHI already have bank details for most people so why are they issuing refunds by post instead of EFT?

Have to agree. I received a cheque from them yesterday. Great to receive money back, but I can't remember the last time I received a cheque for anything.
I now have to get to a bank, don't remember the last time I did that either.

Just had a thought. Maybe they're trying to drum up business, all those people going into banks, touching buttons, talking to staff. :oops:

You're probably right. Mine gets deducted from my salary.
But, still, I've elected to get electronic correspondence, all my documentation is on line (via MyVHI.ie). I get no postal correspondence from them. You'd think they could have emailed me and asked my for my bank details, even to put them in my myvhi.ie
A health company posting out paper cheques during a level 5 lockdown pandemic - you'd think someone would have gone "wait a minute"?

If you can lodge the cheque via an ATM it's not so bad. I have to visit a branch. I would have opted for an ETF if I had a choice. They already have my bank details and lodge any of my claims there.

A letter was sent out in Dec stating that you could contact them with your bank details if not already held on file. You could even provide the bank account number through your online account....The account used to pay claims can not be used, as collected for different purpose and not assumed to be the Policyholders current bank account at all.....savings/mortgage/spouses/sons/daughters etc

The letter I received in December did not have any of those instructions regarding bank account details, etc.

I had to set up 5 different VHI accounts in the past, one for each family member because I could not claim for adult family members even though I was paying the premium.

Got an email from VHI yesterday about the most recent waiver/refund.

If you login to My VHI you can add your bank details in order to receive the funds via EFT instead of cheque.

Back