Health Insurance VHI travel insurance

Abfurious

Disgusted at this crowd. Just had a letter to say they were offering a six month extension on my travel insurance because of covid. Big deal and obviously big cost involved in giving an extension from February to august when there is a “travel Ban” in place. How dare they spend my hard earned money on a campaign to offer their customers “nothing”.
I put in a call to make a complaint and needless to say got absolutely no satisfaction. Can someone tell me where is the logic in offering people six months FREE cover on travel when THEYCANT TRAVEL unless they break the law. I paid€180 euros last February for travel cover for the year. I don’t expect them to refund but at least offer six months cover from the time the travel ban is lifted.
it’s like giving someone a box of chocolates and there’s no sweets in the box. They are treating people as if they are stupid.
Come on VHI. Stop wasting money on sending out vast amounts of letters telling people you are giving them NOTHING.
Just a note : the guy I spoke to on the phone told me he was not legally obliged to give me his name. that’s Bad Manners.

Just a note : the guy I spoke to on the phone told me he was not legally obliged to give me his name. that’s Bad Manners.

I work with the public and sometimes cannot give them what they want, as they would not be entitled to it as per company guidelines.

Often they get furious, demanding to know my name. If I give my name they can say anything they like about me on reviews and other public forums.

For this reason I never give my name, I give my employee number.

I am not being bad mannered, I just don’t like, or think it is right that anonymous aggrieved people can state often wildly inaccurate untruths about me on public forums.

Disgusted at this crowd. Just had a letter to say they were offering a six month extension on my travel insurance because of covid. Big deal and obviously big cost involved in giving an extension from February to august when there is a “travel Ban” in place. How dare they spend my hard earned money on a campaign to offer their customers “nothing”.
I put in a call to make a complaint and needless to say got absolutely no satisfaction. Can someone tell me where is the logic in offering people six months FREE cover on travel when THEYCANT TRAVEL unless they break the law. I paid€180 euros last February for travel cover for the year. I don’t expect them to refund but at least offer six months cover from the time the travel ban is lifted.
it’s like giving someone a box of chocolates and there’s no sweets in the box. They are treating people as if they are stupid.
Come on VHI. Stop wasting money on sending out vast amounts of letters telling people you are giving them NOTHING.

This is one for Joe.....

They are all getting away with murder, but this is a disingenuous offer. Travel is down 95 per cent so obviously claims are down by a huge amount. I take great exception to being treated like I’m stupid. The guy told me I Was very lucky they were offering me anything at all. I couldn’t get it through to him that they were offering me nothing because if There is a travel ban in place it’s worth nothing.
They need to sack the strategists and marketing guys. This pandemic will be over hopefully soon and I will buy travel and health insurance again but not from VHI.

Unless the government lift the the restrictions, all travel insurance will remain null and void.

Unless the government lift the the restrictions, all travel insurance will remain null and void.

Well not quite... there are the people ignoring the rules and going to the Canaries!

Or imagine someone living here from another country. Parent takes ill in home country and person travels back. Insurance needed in case of flight issues, lost luggage, non covid health issue abroad.

Back