Vartec and EurExcel - 'business opportunities'

L

Lin03

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience with either Vartec or EurExcel? I recently attended a meeting where a representative from Eurexcel was seeking business partners - all you had to do to sign up was pay €375 and get 2 customers. For each customer you recruit you get a percentage of the profits and for each business partner you recruit you get €75.
It sounded like pyramid selling but according to the rep. this is how they have expanded in the US.

From what I gather Vartec took over Excel and its definitely a pyramid scheme. Barge pole, touch, ouch are words that come to mind.

do the words, run, run faster, keep running meen anything to you?

Eurexcel Rep

With ref to Lin03...

Some of these facts are not actually correct.... registration is actually €325, refunded after you gather 10 customer points, i.e 5 customers transferring to Eurexcel and pay by direct debit....so minimal investment risk, in that you can get your money back and walk away
I can clarify the other details in person if neccessary. It's a bot complex to explain in detail here !!!

Excel have been operating in US for 15 years and fully comply with all regulations in place there. The system is not an illegal pyramid scheme. This is a very real business opportunity whereby you can build up a substantial income over a number of years. It is not get rich quick and it is not an illegal scam. Already over 500 reps are active in Ireland !!!

For anyone who is interesting in learning more about this business, I would be happy to join them at a business presentation or talk to them on the phone email email address removed by RainyDay

I hope the moderator can leave this message up as it is important to have both sides of the story, especially when the facts in the previous post are actually untrue. If they wish to remove my post, I hope they will consider removing the whole thread.

Thanks.

Re: Eurexcel Rep

Hi Rep - You are welcome to post more details about how this opportunity works, but you are not welcome to advertise your own email address - I've removed it from your post.

Re: Eurexcel Rep

Sorry about thst RainyDay!!

I have now registered an account !!

I will draft a proper reply later, as I explained it's quite difficult to explain with text only !!!

Am I allowed to reference a website or even attach a document to the post.

Thanks,

Rep

Questions that might be answered

It would be useful if the reply addressed some of the usual concerns about multilevel marketing, as set out at the site below:

[broken link removed]

Re: Questions that might be answered

Thanks Ishmael,

I will use this as a framework for my response.

In this case, it is important to note that I'm not trying to sell anything to anybody here, I simply want to give people an opportunity to "Have a look" at an opportunity that might interest them. After they see the presentation or other information about the business, they are free to do whatever feels right for them. I don't mind if they walk away !!! They can further investigate etc, and come back to me if they are interested in joining the business.

I don't try to sell the 2 Porches in the drive, 4 holidays a year, financial freedom forever...etc, I simply show people an opportunity to make a small change in their lives which might result in them earning a few extra euros per month, enough to cover the car loan every month, maybe the mortgage, all household bills, etc, It's really up to the individual to set their own targets.... I can show them the opportunity, and then should they decide to join, I can then show them the tools to help them reach their particular goals.

Until later,

Rep

Hi Rep - It would be helpful if you could also compare the costs (to the consumer) of the multi-level marketing approach of EurExcel/Vartec and the traditional sales model. I'm concerned that the MLM approach adds cost into the business model without adding value for the consumer.

worthless traps

Thanks rainyday.Unbelieveable how many " informers" still can feed themself in the big pond.

With reference to the document above, please see below in reference to Eurexcel.

THE OPPORTUNITY TEST
Of course the opportunity is attractive, however, the product offering is very real, and is a very competitive alternative to Eircom. In fact from 1st of December, Eurexcel customers through UK and Ireland will be able to talk to one another for unlimited time 24/7 for a small monthly charge. In relation to selling the opportunity, in the case of Eurexcel, you only really earn if you do the work, you can’t just sit back and earn off the coat tails of someone in your down-line. So it is very possible, and in fact happens regularly that reps can actually surpass the earnings of people in their up-line. This is based on the fact that they have worked harder to build their business. The No 1 money earner in the company started 8 years ago, the company was already in business for 7 years before he joined, yet he is the all time no.1 money earner…… why? because he worked harder then anyone else and built up a bigger, better business than people above him.

THE MARKET REALITY TEST
With Eurexcel, we are currently active in UK, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Netherlands, US and Canada. We are free to sign up customer and reps in any of these currently active countries. Eurexcel plan to roll out a new European country every 3-6 months until all of Europe is covered, providing an excellent opportunity for all of us, the deregulation of telecoms markets will continue over the next few years as any new members of EU must have started a deregulation process before joining. In terms of market penetration in Ireland, Eircom still provide telephone services to over 90% of residential homes (according to ESAT BT report last week)

THE PRODUCT TEST
It is without question that the Eurexcel product range can be sold on their own merits without using a Network Marketing distribution system. Network Marketing is a phenomenal distribution system, why not use the power of referral and word of mouth marketing. This company has massive success with system n the US, infact an independent book was written about the company. Check out “The Excel Phenomenom” by James W Robinson on Amazon. Eircom, BT, KPN, etc spend millions of pound each year marketing their products and service, without really understanding the pro-rata benefit…in terms of amount spent versus customers attracted. With Eurexcel, the company only pays us when people gather customers. I earn nothing by signing 50 reps into my downline…… its only when they start signing customer that I can earn.

THE COMPENSATION TEST
With Eurexcel, it is possible to earn a substantial income by singing customers only. You are free to sign residential or business customers and your personal commission ranges from 2-10% in scale associated with your total customer spend. People can make money without actually signing reps. Your upline earn ¼% (quarter of one per for five levels above, with 1% at level 6 and 5% at level 7. It is a fact that you are also paid team building bonuses, but bonus payments are only made when your rep gathers customers, but this is where the power of Network marketing is exploited, the company pays you for helping others find customers and thus increasing customer base and market penetration..
In terms of losing money and actual investment risk, €325 is your investment, this is actually refunded once you collect 10 customer points (1 point for customer sign up, plus 1 point for Direct Debit or continuous Credit Card payment)

THE INCOME DISCLOSURE TEST
It is company policy for reps not to disclose income or promise specific income levels for new reps. I will admit that I don’t have the average payout percentiles, but I will try to get them. It is actually a legal obligation to have this information available in Canada, so the information is available in the public domain. I simply don’t have at the moment.
On a personal note, I understand how incomes are generated and I am happy that I can achieve my personal income goals within this system. The framework report which I use as a term of reference for this response, states that “some researchers estimate that less than 1% of Network Marketing distributors ever turn a profit” With Eurexcel your breakeven can be as low as 5 customers (paying by direct debit) so your first commission cheque will actually be profit, admittedly very small, but profit nonetheless !!!!

THE PRICE TEST
Pricing for the Eurexcel products are highly competitive with all other players in the market, obviously with particular focus on eircom as the incumbent. It is a fact that these services are highly marketable and saleable, with service enhancements being regularly being introduced into the market. Eg “Unlimited” as mentioned previously. It’s important to remember that there is no requirement to carry any inventories.

THE GOLDEN RULE TEST
This Golden Rule concept is an interesting criteria for evaluation of this business, as its really a matter of personal opinion. I feel very comfortable offering my family and friends the Eurexcel products and service. After all they are not exposed to any risk, it costs them nothing extra over eircom, they save some money, there is no minimum contract so if they want they can change back at any time, and finally they are happy to be helping me to build my business.
Regarding other reps, I simply show my warm market (i.e family, friends etc) the business and explain how it works for me…. If they like it and want to learn more, then we take it to the next level. If they’re not interested, no problem….

THE TIME FREEDOM TEST
Personally, I’m not selling a time freedom opportunity, although arguably it’s achievable, as defined in the framework document. It is possible to build a business to a level whereby you simply don’t work it any more !!! You can stop, and one of two things will happen a) your income with remain the same (unlikely as others in your downline will not stop at the same time !!) or b) your income will continue to grow because others will continue.
The extent of your time freedom, and when you might decide to walk away is dependent on the size of your business. For example, if you have 5 or 10 people recently joined your business and you walk away, its unlikely that this business will grow into a substantial income, however, if you have a few hundred reps in your business then chances are that things can continue without you. Really depends on how strong the leaders may be beneath you !!!

THE HONESTY TEST
From a personal point of view, this business doesn’t have to be cloak and dagger. I want to up front and honest. I want to show you this like it is. If you like it.. great, we can work together. If not, so be it, I’ll keep looking for others. People are wise enough in this day and age to do their own research and not be duped into joining a business like this. With regard to information, specifically disclosure of information, my approach is to be up front from the very first contact. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to “trick” anybody to join my company. Firstly I gain nothing, because this person will leave, and secondly, when they do leave they will be a massive “negative” representative for my company in the future. The business is challenging enough without building a team of negative reps, always remember referrals work both ways !!!
I don’t try the hard sell, simply show the business, answer any questions and queries and then leave it to the individual to make a decision. I only want to focus my attention on working with people who are already comfortable with this business, time is too valuable to have to spend time “convincing” people that this business is for them. If they make the decision themselves then we can hit the ground running and I can focus on helping them build their business.

THE SUPPORT TEST
In my experience, support in this business is superb, and I don’t use that word lightly. My upline recently spent time in Netherlands during our pre-launch phase there. I had a few contacts there and he was able to meet them and help them get started in the business when it launched there at the end of October. As a result I am now building a team there without actually travelling there myself !! He also supports me with UK contacts (he’s based there) and makes regular visits to Ireland to support our growth.
At some training events a small nominal cover charge is payable to cover room hire. In terms of other support material…. The internet and websites…. Almost everything else you need is here !!! Conference calls, on-line training presentation, prospecting software etc. With 15 year history in the US, there is an unbelievable amount of support information available on the net.

So there we have it, didn’t expect an essay, but I hope I’ve gone some way to trying to outline some facts behind Eurexcel. For any further info. I think you’ll have to come along to a business presentation…….to contact me check my profile !!!

Enjoy...

Rep

Cost to Consumer

Rainyday,

Thanks for replacing the post.

In relation to your concern Re: cost to the consumer. I didn't actually see that before my rather long post above! The fact remains that eircom pump millions of euros every year into their corporate marketing and advertising. eg sponsorship of Irish soccer team a good example. Who pays ? Easy, we do, the consumer, how do we know ? simple, look at the line rental we all pay, look at the rates..... If we were to devide the cost of the adverts against the number of new customers they attract, the aquistion cost of each customer is massive, as a result existing customers have to contribute to the continuous marketing campaigns.

With Eurexcel, the company pay people like me and you to 1) find some customers, and 2) find other people who will find customers. If we find none they pay us nothing. If we are successful, they a small commission on revenue.

Hope this goes some way to answering your question.

Regards,

Rep

I've been away from the site for a few days, or I might have contributed earlier.

In one sense this does not feel to me like a topic worth pursuing. But I've started so I'll finish. While it is stated that it is possible to earn an income from just signing up customers, signing up other sales reps still seems to be at least a significant part of the process. As there seems to be no limit as to the number of sales reps that can be signed up in a district this seems to be the standard attempt to defy the law of gravity. Saturation inevitably must happen quickly.

I'm still not clear on where the 325 euro fits into the picture, but assuming this is some fee that persons are obliged to pay to become sales reps, the essential question is how many actually get the amount refunded. This is not a question about willingness to engage in 'hard work'. It is simply making the point that if 1000 people put 325 into a post office savings cert we know that in five years time they will all get that nominal amount back, plus interest, for no effort at all. If 1000 people put 325 into this scheme, how many will make a return that beats the post office?

We are all wonderful people in our own way, and undoubtably some find MLM schemes suit their skills. But if only a few are successful then most of us should have no interest.

People are wise enough in this day and age to do their own research and not be duped into joining a business like this.

Ahem.

I hope you can back up wild unsubstantiated claims like this. :) I have nothing against People, some of my best friends are People. But people, by and large, it must be said.... ARE IDIOTS.

-Rd

Pyramid

A bit like that Euphony lot: if it looks like a pyramid, and smells like a pyramid, then it probably is a pyramid.

What does the DOCA have to say about this lot ?

Re: Pyramid

Licker,

What is your understanding of an illegal pyramid scheme ? Why do you suggest that Eurexcel is one ?

How much do you know about this opportunity ? Have you seen the presentation. I can arrange for you to view one on-line.

Look forward to your thoughts..

Rep

Re: Pyramid

What is your understanding of an illegal pyramid scheme ?
Is there such thing as a legal pyramid scheme ? Oh of course there is ! Nod nod wink wink wink Eurexel Rep ....

Is there such thing as a legal pyramid scheme ?

Pyramid selling schemes are illegal - pyramid gifting schemes (such as the infamous Women Empowering Women) are not. Both are dodgy and usually good ways to lose money and friends.

Guys,

I'd be interested to hear how you would define a pyramid and more importantly why you classify Eurexcel in this catagory.

If you are prepared to brand this business a pyramid, please justify it. In an earlier mail, I described how Eurexcel can be evaluated as a very viable business model. For those that have read the Rich Dad series, Kiyosaki suggests Network Marketing as one of three business systems people use.

You just have to learn not to generalise. Many people are put off my opportunity because it really does sound too good to be true, which of course everyone knows means it can't be true. Rubbish!! Don't generalise, do your own research, find out for yourself, be an individual, make an informed decision, don't just discard things out of hand. These pieces of advice all apply to any business decision you might make, not just our niche.

Be enlightened....

Regards

Rep

I think you were doing OK with your rebuttals until you mentioned Kiyosaki. That's really set the alarm bells ringing with me....!

Back