Vantage - Leopardstown: post from 26-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Hi I am interested in making contact with any one in the same position.(please see my previous posts) Please contact me for further information. Thank you.
Fabio

anyone close on these apartments? What is happening on site are any / many units now occupied? Personal messages welcome! Southside

Just saw on the CRO website that the developer was "strike off listed" a couple of weeks back. Any feedback on this is welcome. Early indications are that a liquidator will be put in place within the next 10 weeks.

The company is listed for strike-off however I'm not getting too excited yet. This only menas that they are behind in their accounts production, audit completion and companies office filing. Even if it is struck off they will have a year to get the audits completed and apply to re-instate the company without having to apply to the high court.

On the other hand while the company is struck off there will be no legal entity to sue any of the purchasers.

I would suspect that when/if the audits are completed there will be a very significant qualification on the audit report. Whether or not a liquidator/receiver is appointed will eventually depend on the attitude of the bank which is funding the development.

And at a meeting today in Dublin I heard that the developer was in serious stuck at the mo.

Yes I have also received a completion notice. I believe the developer is under severe pressure from the bank to take this course of action.

This will allow The Bank / NAMA the ability to pick up the contacts and any possibility of a "performance case" against any non completions if was needed. Otherwise the developer could be struck off and the contracts deemed in valid.

Whether or not they would have a case is the question?

has the building changed in any way, is there an extra floor put on? has anyone got the planning numbers?
has anyone tried to renegotiate the price?
i would like to contact other people to discuss these matters

Vantage

Hi Rolga and Ask1 I am just wondering did you complete or are you negotiating, I also signed a contract back in 2006 to purchase a 2 bed in vantage and have todate received completion notices but nothing else, I am extremely keen to talk to you about this if at all possible, you might let me know if we could talk offline.

Hey Rologa and Ask1. I am in the same situation having paid the 30K in 2006 and see no chance of being able to get a mortgage to close in the next few months. It does say in the contract that the apartments will be ready at the latest 3 years from date of signing contract. I don't think this holds much water however. I know of three other people in the same situation, all wanting to get out of the contract and walk away even if it means loosing the 30K. I know Fleming and Elliots have issued summons to a large number of people who like us would have paid a deposit a number of years ago and are now looking to get out of the contracts. I've also noticed how the papers are not covering these stories. I think this has alot to do with the fact that the papers rely on these builders for substantial advertising revenue (i the pat anyway).

Any information on this developement would be very welcome. I just don't know what is going to happen when they start contacting me to complete?

Back