Vantage - Leopardstown: post from 26-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Re: Vantage - Leopardstown

So am I, purchased in 2006 and notified recently that going to close soon. I'm in the same position re the banks, valuation too low compared to required borrowings. Has anyone received any more information or completed?

Hey Rologa and Ask1. I am in the same situation having paid the 30K in 2006 and see no chance of being able to get a mortgage to close in the next few months. It does say in the contract that the apartments will be ready at the latest 3 years from date of signing contract. I don't think this holds much water however. I know of three other people in the same situation, all wanting to get out of the contract and walk away even if it means loosing the 30K. I know Fleming and Elliots have issued summons to a large number of people who like us would have paid a deposit a number of years ago and are now looking to get out of the contracts. I've also noticed how the papers are not covering these stories. I think this has alot to do with the fact that the papers rely on these builders for substantial advertising revenue (i the pat anyway).

Any information on this developement would be very welcome. I just don't know what is going to happen when they start contacting me to complete?

Hi, I am in the same position as you. Have you any insights into options available?
Appreciate any advice.

Hi

I am in the same position also - First time buyer - thought we'd never be able to afford a property with prices the way they were going and now we cant get a mortgage for the amount we need as the property has been valued lower.

any advice/insight/info would be so much appreciated Rolaga/Ask1/anyone else!

thanks!!!

Rolaga, Ask and Anthony, I am in the same situation. I simply cannot close on this deal. I just dont have the cash and the chances of me getting a mortgage is nil. I hear the site is a mess but the building itself is nearing completion. Have any of you been up there. How do we communicate via PM? Are PMs secure?

Has anyone hit the 36 month time period that included in the contract? I would have thought that these are coming due at this point and it doesn't look like the development is ready.

I'm also in a similar situation and am wondering what others are doing at the moment.

Hi, I am also one of the unlucky ones who purchased in 2006. I have received a letter to say that the phase is nearing completion and that I should ensure my finance is in place. However closing date is less than 3 weeks away and I have not been asked to do a snag yet. I am eligible for the mortgage but my circumstances have changed in 3 years. I no longer live in Dublin and definitely do not want to take on this apartment. Does anyone know how close vantage central is to completion? Is anyone else in this situation? If the snag is not completed within the next 3 weeks will there be a chance of getting the deposit back?? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Rolaga, Ask and Anthony, I am in the same situation. I simply cannot close on this deal. I just dont have the cash and the chances of me getting a mortgage is nil. I hear the site is a mess but the building itself is nearing completion. Have any of you been up there. How do we communicate via PM? Are PMs secure?

no idea what is happening with vantage central at present, and has anyone closed the deal, please post some information

Hi, I am also one of the unlucky ones who purchased in 2006. I have received a letter to say that the phase is nearing completion and that I should ensure my finance is in place. However closing date is less than 3 weeks away and I have not been asked to do a snag yet. I am eligible for the mortgage but my circumstances have changed in 3 years. I no longer live in Dublin and definitely do not want to take on this apartment. Does anyone know how close vantage central is to completion? Is anyone else in this situation? If the snag is not completed within the next 3 weeks will there be a chance of getting the deposit back?? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Hopeful, since your circumstances have changed, did you let them know? How long ago did you pay your deposit and when did your circumstances change? Either way, get down to your solicitor and maybe, just maybe you could plead the undue delay on this. But as far as I know the developers are digging their heels in on this as they in turn are being squeezed by the banks.
good luck anyway.The whole property frenzy in this country was bonkers and the repercussions are now being felt. It is shameful what has gone on here.

to be honest Im sure if the prices had gone up in the meantime you wouldnt be moaning

SteveW9, do you have anything constructive to add or do you just comment on other peoples situation? Are you connected to a property developer?

No I'm just sick of people moaning about this.
The fact is you people bought because you thought its value would go up ....it didnt now deal with it.

I've also got a deposit on vantage and my 36 months are up on the 18th of may
Any

Any ideas would be a great help...thanks

Just reading this again 3 & half years since I posted it. I drove by Vantage this evening and thought to myself.. thanks be to God I pulled out. My heart goes out to all those people who queued with me in the room at 5am that morning. One guy beside me bought 3.. Crazy times. I will show this to my kids in a few years time.

Just reading previous mails - i also bought in Vantage 3.5 years ago. Has anyone closed on these contracts? I have received a letter to say they are ready for snagging but on a site visit at the weekend they do not look as if they are ready and they all seem to be empty including Phase 1 - my apartment is in the feature building.

i would be very interested to see how other people that have contracts signed got on?

Thanks

This builder is still trading and is nearing completion - hence the letter that its ready for snagging!! therein lies my problem - in this market, i will not be able to sell my own property and even if i do not at a price that i'll be able to afford the new apartment. And there's not a hope i'll get a mortgage to cover it.

pat09 - have you looked into whether or not they missed their deadline to complete the apt? and if so, were there any other factors that would allow them to delay the delivery.

Back