UTV Phone offer

UTV

Does after 6pm include internet calls?

Does UTV offer broadband?

Re: UTV

Does after 6pm include internet calls?

No - unless you can find an ISP with a non internet (1890/1891) number.

P.S. Another UTV gripe - why do they insist on those stupid big Macromedia Flash splash screens at the entrance to each separate section of their site. Don't they realise that many people are still on dial-up... :\

unless you can find an ISP with a non internet (1890/1891) number...

And watch that space, too, if the latest developments at are anything to go by...

Dr. M.

Yeah - I was wondering how, short of having a specific list of ISPs with non 1890/1 numbers, they can know if what looks like a "normal" local number is actually and ISP? Anyway, I don't think that many ISPs (perhaps only elive?) support non 1890/1 numbers any more although I think that this issue has been covered elsewhere in this forum not too long ago.

Following on from what I said earlier I have just noticed that UTV did successfully activate my account with them from the middle of October, just that they did not confirm this. Do they do single billing for line rental and call charges? My first bill suggests that they don't...

UTV have promised single billing but like you Clubman my bill is still only for calls with UTV. However since joining UTV in September, I have made lots (4 A4 pages) of free calls every month. So watch out - there's an eircom bill for line rental lurking !!

Thanks for the information Hansov. Don't worry - I hadn't forgotten about eircom line rental being due... :\

A mail I got from UTV dated 15/10/04
Does this mean they will "back charge" the line rantel?

-----------------------​

Dear UTV Customer,

We would like to advise all customers that bills for the September 2004 period will be available online from Monday, 18 October. We apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

UTV Talk customers should note that line rental charges will not be included in your bill, as the migration process from your existing provider is still underway. This does not affect your service in any other way - you''ll still receive all the great savings the UTV Talk service offers.

Kinds regards,
The UTV Team.

Does this mean they will "back charge" the line rantel?

Sounds to me like eircom will continue to collect the line rental until it gets transferred over to UTV for single billing.

Does the fact that you pay Eircom line rental in advance come into the equation? Perhaps UTV will start to bill you line rental after your Eircom prepaid period expires?

Back