UTV Phone offer

U

UTV

Anyone know where one can this information on this?

UTV Talk says that customers will also benefit from a 10% saving on standard Eircom call charges and a 5% saving on Eircom calls to mobile phones.

UTV says the new product will be backed up by an initial €1m marketing campaign on Irish television and radio.

'The telephony market has been reowned for confusion about pricing, combined with a lack of real competition, which has been very frustrating for customers,' commented Scott Taunton, Group Business Development Director, UTV.

'With UTV Talk, there are no hidden charges, no catches, free really means free,' he added.

UTV

Should read

Anyone know where one can get information on this?

UTV

Thanks for the link Rainyday.

Free evening and weekend calls to anywhere in Ireland and the UK. WOW !!!

Anybody signed up for this service care to let me know how you rate it?

Re: UTV

"Free really means free" actually no, free really means "free up to one hour"

However if you hang up and call back the next hour is free also, sounds like a good deal.

Shug

UTV

I have reqested their brochure from utvtalk.com. Do you still have to pay line rental to Eircom as well ? Waiting for a catch somewhere, seems to good to be true. My line rental with Eircom is 39.97 before VAT and not 23 odd per their site.

UTV offer

Does anyone know if the free calls offer applies only to other UTV customers?

I have emailed UTV and called their Irish no., but have got no reply.

UTVip Lite is a very good offer. €9.99 flat rate internet access, 30 hours per month anytime and free evening and weekend calls.

www.u.tv/utvipxlx/lite.asp?loc=ie

Re: UTV offer

My line rental with Eircom is 39.97 before VAT and not 23 odd per their site.

puntingpot, check out immediately with them if they are charging you for equipment rental, or other services that you don't need (call answering/forwarding, etc.)

If they are, cancel what you don't want, immediately. You can buy a 'phone with a built-in answerphone for about €20 in LIDL/Aldi. And Eircom will provide you with a Freepost address to send back whatever oul' yoke you have been renting from them. But they won't stop charging you for this stuff until you tell them to...

Dr. M.

You can pay UTV for the line rental at a c. 10% discount to Eircom. I think it has come in since July 1st. If you are a UTV Clicksilver account holder there is a link on your account profile page "get UTV talk" . If not then go to www.u.tv/talk/index.asp?loc=ie . I switched over from October 1st for line rental and am now totally Eircom Free.

Just checked; line rental is "Line Rental Pricing
Monthly Charge €24.18 "

utv

Finally, got through to UTV support.

Line rental same as Eircom and free calls offer applies to any local or national number.

Hi Punting Pot

Hi Punting Pot

You sent me off panicing too about my Eircom line rental. Its € 39.96 per bill but of course the bill is for two months! This is €19.98 excl VAT per month, €24.18 after VAT.

Unfortunately I didn't realise this and rang Eircom up to be told all this. Doh!

Tony

re

I change from Eircom to utvlite on Sept ist also changed my phone but was told that line rental will be with eircom for some time yet, i checked this twice by phone as their web site states line rental with utv same as eircom

phone lines

I am still with Eircome but thinking of changing. Last month however I was having difficulties with my phone and phoned that 1901 number and ( yes it does make you feel mad) answered the questions by talking into the phone. Two days later I had to ring to find out what was happening to be informed that they couldn't ring me back as they couldn't get through (????) Anyway they said that an Eircom team would be with me that day as they acknowledged that there was a fault between the exchange and the main phone. Two hours later a ( real friendly ) Eircom engineer arrives and does a wee bit of checking and states the fault is in the exchange and he would repair it there. An hour or so late he rang to say the problem was fixed, something about touching wires which I didnt understand as he had earlier said the exchange was all ' cards' Anyway my query is this, if you switch line rental who repairs any faults on the line?
I cannot see utv having many engineers nor do I see how Eircom would be in a hurry to repair something they weren't getting paid for.

Phone lines

You are still paying eircom for the line rental through your new company All that has changed is that the company can bill you directly and then they pay eircom for it.This was one of the major barriers of competition for the new phone companies .
You are only rerouting your outgoing calls through the new companys line. the only control they have is over these-Incoming calls are still controlled by eircom.
A few years ago to do this you had to put a prefix before the number to change your outgoing calls now it is automatically done at the exchange for you. By entering the correct prefix you can actually route your calls through different companies. I worked for a phone company a few years ago and there was no difference in service offered to those who switched from eircom .
The ODTR would murder them if they tried to differentiate now You are still paying for this service

What's the story with UTV and their UTVtalk ("free, free, free...." :\ ) package? I signed up for and was told that it would take up to ten working days to effect the transfer. That was over a month ago and not a sausage since. My sister signed up online too around the same time and recently received a call back from a sales person asking her about her "interest" in the package and if she'd like to sign up! :\

utv talk

when I signed up it took 15 days to get changed over but I phoned a few times to check with them I find it great no problems

Re: utv talk

I signed up over a month ago.

Nothing back since.

Re: utv talk

I signed up with UTV in Sept. Account came into operation in October as scheduled and it works. Free after 6 to ireland and uk.
keep talking
roundstone

Back