Using a Smart Switch to enable Self-Monitoring of Legacy Alarm

Ah, sorry. Go with a 1N4007 as the voltage spike as the magnetic field collapses can be large.
 
Thanks for your help, I may ask for help if I have issues setting up the app. I will order what I need today for this project.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Leo
I finally got the relay in, it’s all wired up as per diagram, same relay in pictures 5 pins, same 4 channel relays, I have channel 4 wired to arm and disarm and is working fine, the small separate relay is wired with the diode band on left side which is positive from siren center pin is common and goes to common on switch 1 pin on right is negative from siren top left pin (NC) goes to (NC) on switch 1. When I send 12 volts to small relay I have 12 volts on left and right pin from siren.
Relay on 1 does not come on. It does have a direct short as per wording in instructions, but relay 1 does nothing. The small relay does activate with the 12 volts but the relay 1 does nothing.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 
New users must wait one hour before I could reply.

Yes if I press the button relay light comes on and can hear relay click.
Removed existing wires and ran a separate wire to short between common and NO did nothing and Common to NC did nothing.
 
Back
Top