UPC increased broadband speed

boaber

Just got a text from UPC there. They've increased my broadband from 8Mb to 15Mb :)

Cheers UPC!

Anyone else get a text?

but have they upped the price for broadband or even on your TV package if you have 1. The Last Word had a feature on this on Tuesday....increasing prices and making it look like you get something in return

Not yet, last 3 Direct Debits (05/01/11, 06/12/10 & 04/11/10) have all been for the same amount.

Will keep an eye out to see how much they debit in Feb

Got the same text Boaber - checked bills, last 4 have been for the same amount - will keep an eye on next one.

I'm on the same deal as the OP, reading this article from The Irish Times in Dec it seems that there will be a €2.20 increase though, like most things to do with UPC's billing, it is confusing!

Article here:

[broken link removed]

Seems very very sneaky.

Surely they should have give better notice.

They say you can get out of contract if you don't like it. Presuming you saw their newspaper ad on 3 December... :rolleyes:
UPC’s Broadband and Phone services remain excellent value, however under the terms of your contract you have the right to cancel or downgrade your service within 30 days of 3 December 2010 without penalty if you do not agree with these price changes (for those customers who subscribe to UPC Broadband Light this 30 day period applies from 21 December 2010).
Very sneaky indeed. Time for a quick call to their retentions department, methinks...

I got a letter from UPC some months ago telling me I was getting more tv...itv3/4 sky3 and some other station.They also said my broadband would go from 10mb to 15...how would I check the broadband speed to see if I am getting what I am told I am getting..It is not very clear...Thanks

I got a letter from UPC some months ago telling me I was getting more tv...itv3/4 sky3 and some other station.They also said my broadband would go from 10mb to 15...how would I check the broadband speed to see if I am getting what I am told I am getting..It is not very clear...Thanks
You might need to reboot your modem if you haven't already done so since 5th Jan. Then do a speedtest. The UPC one is HERE

They say you can get out of contract if you don't like it. Presuming you saw their newspaper ad on 3 December... :rolleyes:
Very sneaky indeed. Time for a quick call to their retentions department, methinks...
Yes, I rang them a couple of weeks ago when I heard about the upcoming increase & after a bit of haggling I was offered a €5 monthly discount on my bill for 12 months, which suits me fine as my package is only increasing by €3 a month.

I got the sky movies for xmas,rang today to get rid of them,and was told it was 10 euro to disconnect,something that was not mentioned when I asked to give me movies over xmas.

They are very sneaky... and on talking to customer services, its like listening to a pre-programmed robot.

Just off the phone to them. We started off with 15mb. We then got a txt - "we've increased your broadband to 20mb". The latest text we're up to 25mb. I thought this was all too good to be true. And it was. Customer care advised they upped the cost in July and notified members (I don't appear to have the text). But I did note my bills have gone up twice. WHile its not a huge amount its an increase.

I think a text indicating free upgrade is sneaky. Especially when the cost has gone up twice since we took the service.

Its infuriating speaking to them.. what made it even worse, was when I queried the sports package we have and the possibility of removing that - she said that they'd charge me if I downgrade. I said I wasn't downgrading I was no longer subscribing to that service.. she said it was a product and that they would charge me 10.00 for cancelling a product. I asked if I cancelled my Broadband, she said I wouldn't be charged that wasn't a product it was a service.... I asked what my standard cable connection was categorised as, and she said a subscription (not a product or service). You don't usually think you will be charge a fee for cancelling a service you no longer want to use. I
After all that I went off and had a cup of tea.

Thanks for the information Sue-Ellen. Will check it out and see if it would suit us.

UPC modem

Rang there sales team and there unable to sell me the wireless modem to replace my cabled upc modem. Told me to get one in pc world gave me a list makes to pick from.

So I then rang the loyalty section told them im on the package for the wireless modem and without even a question said thats no problem I will have one sent out to you straight away. Must say I am very happy with that for service.

Back