Ulster Bank's proposal to deal with offset mortgages

Has anyone transferred out of the offset to another account. The app allows 1000 a day it seems. I havent got on web browser yet to check if the transfer allowance is a larger amount
If you log into Anytime Banking (not app) and use a card reader you can transfer larger amounts. Once you have done this once through Anytime Bsnking can then also transfer larger amounts to that account through the app.

If you log into Anytime Banking (not app) and use a card reader you can transfer larger amounts. Once you have done this once through Anytime Bsnking can then also transfer larger amounts to that account through the app.
Thanks a lot. I think, however, i threw that card reader out. Damn

Thanks a lot. I think, however, i threw that card reader out. Damn
I don't know what amount you are talking about but I transferred out 6k yday on laptop without any card reader or any hassle, it was going to a previously set up payee if that matters.

Has anyone transferred out of the offset to another account. The app allows 1000 a day it seems. I havent got on web browser yet to check if the transfer allowance is a larger amount
It's 1k unless you have a card reader... It's 25k a day then.

It's 1k unless you have a card reader... It's 25k a day then.
I just tried. Yes i saw 25000 on it. I will try to see if there is one somewhere. Does this just produce a code that you can process the transfer. I do not have a card (im sure none of you do not either)

I have always had a card and card reader for my account because it was a current account mortgage.

If you don’t have one it may be worth a call to UB to ask how you can arrange the transfer.

Yeah that’s a pain. Ran into the same issue myself, the app limit is 1000 like you say. I rang their Anytime Banking service and they just did it for me, although even with that the daily limit is 15K. So depending on the sums you are transferring out it might need to be done over multiple days. But they can schedule future payments so you don’t have to ring them back repeatedly.

Yeah that’s a pain. Ran into the same issue myself, the app limit is 1000 like you say. I rang their Anytime Banking service and they just did it for me, although even with that the daily limit is 15K. So depending on the sums you are transferring out it might need to be done over multiple days. But they can schedule future payments so you don’t have to ring them back repeatedly.
Thanks very much. Luckily a few phonecalls may have to be made

Hi all, are there any people here with an offset flexible mortgage in arrears? I received my letter today but will definitely be challenging it.

Also, somebody made the point that we have been hanging around for over a year wondering what's going to be done about these mortgages and now all of a sudden, at the busiest time of the year we are being asked to make up our minds by Jan 10th 2024. A little suspicious I think and typical of UB and their cunning antics.

Has anybody set up a group to challenge them as I for one would like to be involved. I know of a few others also challenging this....

TIA
I would also like to be part of a group challenge in relation to this. Did you get any information on this?

I would also like to be part of a group challenge in relation to this. Did you get any information on this?
So far I haven't heard of anyone or any group challenging it. You don't have to accept or decline the offer by Jan 10th, you can still make a complaint after you've received your payment. As an individual, I think your only option is to submit a complaint through their normal complaint procedure. I doubt that will get you very far but once you receive a final response letter from them you can refer it to the Ombudsman.

Out of interest, has anybody else raised the question of redeeming one of these offset mortgages after the recent developments? I submitted a query to UB through their website and also rang their mortgage department directly and was told I’d be rung back. That was nearly 2 weeks ago and nothing since. They seem to be up to their necks dealing with other stuff.

Out of interest, has anybody else raised the question of redeeming one of these offset mortgages after the recent developments? I submitted a query to UB through their website and also rang their mortgage department directly and was told I’d be rung back. That was nearly 2 weeks ago and nothing since. They seem to be up to their necks dealing with other stuff.
Interested to hear how you get on with this one

Yes similar situation with me. Submitted details for redemption request online & followed up with a phone call asking for instructions on how to now proceed with redeeming my mortgage. Was asked if I had the funds my account to do this over the phone… when I said I had I was told I would receive a call back that day or following day… over a week ago.. no call…

I sent in the request through their online form but haven't heard anything yet, it's not that long though, maybe 7/10 days max.

Got my redemption figure this morning, applied for it when I received payment, gave me a good laugh anyway!

Figure is as expected obviously as I pay no interest but the letter said 'When you are ready to redeem your account please call us and we will send a live redemption statement to your local branch on the day that you wish to redeem', that would be a neat trick! :rolleyes:

Got my redemption figure this morning, applied for it when I received payment, gave me a good laugh anyway!

Figure is as expected obviously as I pay no interest but the letter said 'When you are ready to redeem your account please call us and we will send a live redemption statement to your local branch on the day that you wish to redeem', that would be a neat trick! :rolleyes:
They obviously didn’t think of that scenario when they closed their branches! Did they send that redemption figure to you by post or did they phone you up? I submitted a query and rang them up, still waiting to hear back myself.

They obviously didn’t think of that scenario when they closed their branches! Did they send that redemption figure to you by post or did they phone you up? I submitted a query and rang them up, still waiting to hear back myself.
Came in the post with details of a bank account to do a transfer to quoting mortgage number as reference, I'll have to ring as while the amount owing is obvious I can't set up a new payee on that account at this stage, card reader long gone, but surely I should be able to just transfer from facility to mortgage to clear it. I could always do a transfer from another bank but that's just messing when it's in the current account. Will try ring tomorrow and see what happens!

Back