Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sharlene

If it's for an article, it's better that they send you a Private Message or an email. We don't allow new users to send or receive Private Messages, but I have enabled this facility for you.

Brendan

Sharlene Goff, Retail Banking Correspondent

Sharlene has also worked as the FT’s deputy personal finance editor. She has also won a number of awards including the 2007 Headline Money Award for the Rising Star of the Year.

I usually get a bank statement the first week of the month showing transactions up to about the 25th of the previous month or so. No sign of this months yet.

As of today account is 100% up to date. Payment made online to NIB yesterday has shown up in NIB today. Refund of charges charged last week for 2 x returned direct debits has also been made.

As of today, two outstanding lodgements in a/c, transfer to BofI successful. Still concerned about credit card (payment made in June disappeared, don't know how the balance stands) and interest payments on savings a/c's. Also, as of today, am researching alternative banking facility.

Not out of the woods yet! Everything seemed to be fine with my account earlier in the week. However, my pay has not gone in today -as it should do....

A lot done - more to do?

All my Ulster issues are finally resolved.

My account was overdrawn for a period of time, thanks to this fiasco. No charges, that I can see, yet.

RBS are going to announce compensation in the coming days.

My issues not yet resolved.
Had set up payment from my ulster bank C/A for my Ulster bank credit card on approx 14/6 for payment on 4/7 (payment due 6/7).
Money taken from acc on 5/7 but credit card not yet cleared.
My latest credit card statement now shows, no payment, €8.50 late fee, plus €27.5 interest.

When I rang U/B to query this yesterday, I was advised to CALL TO my branch for refund. I then asked if the would pay my 50Km mileage for doing so--prolonged silence.

Not all sorted yet!

Mortgage payment to UB mortgage not processed out of account............not as up to date as they think!

+1. I've just noticed that my UB mortgage hasn't been taken out yet - it usually is on the 1st of the month. Oh, woe is me! I thought I was back in the black! Re credit card, I'd advise everybody to go through their statements with a fine tooth comb - I've seen my balance reduced in June with a payment transaction, then suddenly in July, that payment has disappeared. I hope they're not trying to make money back on the Credit Card system - I'm going to keep a really close watch on that - I always keep receipts (Hoarder - up to 6 months of paperwork on everything, once I've received confirmation from Revenue that I don't owe them too much, then the receipts go into the stepdown hiding place!). UB - watch out - I've got all my receipts for credit card stuff - you can't fool me!!

- I'm going to keep a really close watch on that - I always keep receipts (Hoarder - up to 6 months of paperwork on everything, once I've received confirmation from Revenue that I don't owe them too much, then the receipts go into the stepdown hiding place!). UB - watch out - I've got all my receipts for credit card stuff - you can't fool me!!

I have spent the last couple of weeks of rainy days going through my stepdown's stepdown's hiding place and shredding the stuff. Next project is to go through the stepdown hiding place. I am trying to get to a place where I only keep 1 years stuff. Very difficult for me.

I hope to visit my Ulster Bank branch this week and lodge a couple of Sterling dividend cheques that have a ring of dust around them waiting for the problems to be sorted. I don't really feel confident though.

Everything seems to be in order for me now but I just noticed I got a fee refund for my June U-First account fee - has this officially been announced as the compensation for customers? I haven't see anyone else on here stating they had their fees refunded?

Not out of the woods yet! Everything seemed to be fine with my account earlier in the week. However, my pay has not gone in today -as it should do....

A lot done - more to do?
My pay now gone in as of today. However, they have doubled up on the transaction - so I have 2x wages!

same here, wages paid in twice, but second wage seems to be duplicated from the 26th june, as it is the same amount

MovingSavingExpert has a good guide to the types of compensation RBS customers should expect .

Meanwhile, the Sunday Business Post today reports that RBS are likely to move the regulation of Ulster Bank from the CBI to the FSA/BoE. This is likely to lead to further questioning of RBS's long term commitment to Ulster Bank and Ireland.

Just looking at my account and it is showing UPC Direct Debit for 16th July, but this DD is not due to be taken out for another 2 weeks!!!!. Logged into my UPC account and they have the correct date of 2 weeks from now and nothing for 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back