Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 2 weeks pay going in on the same day. However, no pay today ?

Statements still not accurate. Anytime banking was down earlier this evening but came back up later.

I got through just now. Can't see the message posted above. Either way is it not new applications for online banking that they are referring to?

The message appeared for normal online banking login, not new applications.

It now appears to have been removed by Ulster.

Access appears to be restored.

Last night it looked like my account was up to date in what I should have but transactions were not up to date. Now today the transactions are showing up but I have less money!!!!!, and I have not been paid again.

Bank account now up to date - showing pay from last week & direct debits due - at last!!

Automated transfers from other banks/pension etc. now up to date, however cheques to be deposited to account, and handed in to branch last week still not showing. Mind you, UB haven't taken last months mortgage out yet. Also noticed that regular saver account has not had interest accrued for the past 3 months!! Transfer to French bank via the manual form in the branch was effected immediately. I really don't understand the logic behind the sequencing and find it disturbing to see transactions on my credit card account one day and there they are, gone, the next. Don't have a clue how my credit card balance stands - so the mental torture of this is horrendous! Now, what was the Financial Ombudsman's name again?

Not the same for all customers unfortunately. Transfer to BOI on Tuesday morning has still not been credited to my BOI Account. This was carried out after my salary from the 21st was credited on Tuesday morning 3rd and I was afraid it would disappear again.

Salary due yesterday (5th July) not credited.

Seems all over the place with different stages for different customers.

Automated transfers from other banks/pension etc. now up to date, however cheques to be deposited to account, and handed in to branch last week still not showing. Mind you, UB haven't taken last months mortgage out yet. Also noticed that regular saver account has not had interest accrued for the past 3 months!! Transfer to French bank via the manual form in the branch was effected immediately. I really don't understand the logic behind the sequencing and find it disturbing to see transactions on my credit card account one day and there they are, gone, the next. Don't have a clue how my credit card balance stands - so the mental torture of this is horrendous! Now, what was the Financial Ombudsman's name again?

My Ulster Bank Credit Card was at no point impacted by these issues, the transactions there were always up to date and current.

I have one a/c fully up-to-date and one a/c with no transaction showing since 18-Jun.

It is very surprising the differences in status between different peoples accounts.

I was waiting for 6 Ulster related transactions from June. I now can see 4 of the 6 transactions, with 2 still pending.

Also noticed that regular saver account has not had interest accrued for the past 3 months!!

Where did you see your accrued interest? Thanks.

My account is all over the place showing some of the standing orders not showing others have no clue what has and has not been paid!

Hi All,

A staff member of mine took in a Ulster Bank personal cheque at the till today. If I lodge it to my BOI account will it be cashed, does anyone know? I can hold it back for a few weeks if needs be but would prefer not to.

I can see the Interest each month via Online Banking. I don't understand the process but up till now, 2 Interest transactions have appeared on my account each month, none of which have happened since 1st June. I've just noticed it's the same with my savings account. I suppose the word 'accrued' was wrong - I meant the regular interest payments I see on the savings accounts. I accrue them in my mind!

UB Anytime down for an inordinate period..

Anyone else experiencing this outage, and for more than an hour, hard to accept this is customer centric, CYA comes to mind, U.B. will mess with the system when most people are sleeping or on the tear...we'll see, for me, I have lost all faith in my once trusted U.B.

I can see the Interest each month via Online Banking. I don't understand the process but up till now, 2 Interest transactions have appeared on my account each month, none of which have happened since 1st June. I've just noticed it's the same with my savings account. I suppose the word 'accrued' was wrong - I meant the regular interest payments I see on the savings accounts. I accrue them in my mind!

Yeah, you can't see accrued interest unfortunately.

Paid interest with the Ulster Bank Special Interest Deposit Account regular saver product is annual, each October, there is no bi-monthly payments with that. Maybe you have a legacy regular saver product?

The accounts are at least 5 years old, so in today's terms, I suppose they are legacy! Online Banking down again, just tried to log on! I suppose from a technical perspective they need to do some major updates to try and recover unposted transactions, but in this day and age, online accessibility in terms of power, storage etc. is so cheap no system should be unavailable while major updates are taking place. Heard on the Marion Finucane (or should I say the much better, IMO, Clare Byrne) today that an IT staff member at RBS in Scotland actually complained a few months ago to his local MP that he feared a major disaster like this happening, as RBS had taken decisions to outsource some IT processes, and also cut staff at their own HQ, thereby losing valuable experience and knowledge. If this is true, then the debacle is entirely down to Senior Management decision making - they must pay for this!

Maybe Jewell could just keep his mouth shut and leave negotiating compensation to someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

If he thinks that postponing introduction of charges is adequate compensation for those so badly discommoded by this fiasco then the man is clearly in the wrong job.

Good God!!What ATM charges is he talking about anyway??anyone??

In fairness, the Consumer's Association got over 3,000 complaints on this, so they probably know what kind of compensation consumers would accept as adequate.

In fairness, the Consumer's Association got over 3,000 complaints on this, so they probably know what kind of compensation consumers would accept as adequate.

He talks of ATM charges.What ATM charges??he hasn't a scooby doo what he is talking about and with that lost any credibility.

If you think UB customers will be happy with his suggestion then you are either a Senior Exec with UB or you are the Jewellmeister himself,I personally know 5 UB customers and all will now only be satisfied with the summary execution of those involved with this fiasco and cash compensation.

bit of good news - my account is up to date to last thursday - so they've obviously been working at breakneck speed over the weekend.

everything seems to in order, but I'll be doing reconciliation in the morning.

this time yesterday, they were still 6 days behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back