Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been keeping a close eye on this page. I think its time to turn the tables on the banks and show them who is the boss in this scenario. The banks make it easy for us to pay bills with D/D and easy to use transfers, but stop and think about this for one moment.
Cancel all your D/D's and transfers. Leave the banking cost in your account. I think it's about 4 euro a month. Withdraw all your cash and repeat this for 6 months until the banks get the message LOUD AND CLEAR.
This is extremely bad advice. Your credit rating will be affected, bills will go unpaid, your services may be withdrawn. This issue relates to the interest portion of a home loan. A home loan that we are responsible for. That we borrowed for property. Stopping funding puts our homes at risk.

Hiya, apologies if this has already been covered but how is the compensation element of the redress calculated? Is it a percentage of the overpayts? & do you compensation for time spent on process/ inconvenience/ distress caused etc?

On a different note, we received a letter saying they were 'endeavouring' to get our redress sorted by year end but at the latest it would be Jan 2018.
We sit and the wait continues.... 9 years and counting. Zzzz

Powerinnumbers said:
I have been keeping a close eye on this page. I think its time to turn the tables on the banks and show them who is the boss in this scenario. The banks make it easy for us to pay bills with D/D and easy to use transfers, but stop and think about this for one moment.
Cancel all your D/D's and transfers. Leave the banking cost in your account. I think it's about 4 euro a month. Withdraw all your cash and repeat this for 6 months until the banks get the message LOUD AND CLEAR.
This is extremely bad advice. Your credit rating will be affected, bills will go unpaid, your services may be withdrawn. This issue relates to the interest portion of a home loan. A home loan that we are responsible for. That we borrowed for property. Stopping funding puts our homes at risk.

Yesterday at 7:48 AM

I didn't say "stop paying your bills". What I said was, withdraw all your cash out of the bank. Leave the banking cost in your account along with your mortgage payment. Cancel all other D/D's. Go back to the old way, where you pay bills via post office or post, but cut the bank down to size. Show them what its like to piss off the boss.
As for credit rating, who sets the credit rating? Take back the power. Turn the tables. Say it loud and clear to the banks, I will not be ripped off by you any longer. Treat the customer with respect or else.

I understand you now.
As a result of issues with the bank a number of years ago, I switched my banking to another institution. Wages, direct debits, and the vast majority of transactions are done via this other bank. I retain my account with UB solely for the mortgage.
Can’t say it’s made any difference in their dealings with us.

I understand you now.
As a result of issues with the bank a number of years ago, I switched my banking to another institution. Wages, direct debits, and the vast majority of transactions are done via this other bank. I retain my account with UB solely for the mortgage.
Can’t say it’s made any difference in their dealings with us.

One person leaving the bare minimum in Ulster Bank account isn't going to make a difference, but 3000 accounts with the bare minimum might.
Power in numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back