Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let people know arrived home yesterday to a big envelope and it included a cheque for redress and option to retain tracker or move to variable. One part of our mortgage a/c was effected, only small part (only about 10k left on this account) so they repaid us the overpayment, + 1500 compensation + 600 legal fees...just in time for Christmas. Fingers crossed few cheques on route to everyone.

Anyone have contact details (email) for UB CEO Gerry Mallon?

I’m a former First Active customer, still waiting to hear whether I’m impacted or not, never mind redress/compensation- although delighted for all those in UB who have had some good news before xmas!

I have to say I don't personally have email details for anybody other than the customer relations team. However, I don't see why you shouldn't test email firstname (dot) lastname (at) ulsterbank etc.

So as we draw nearer to Christmas and funny season kicks in, it`s looking like maybe UB won`t write to all the customers they had promised to!
For those of us who have seen a movement on our Mortgage Balance, i would assume that the amount of our monthly direct debit should change because we now owe less and the term of the mortgage has not been adjusted, just the outstanding balance.

Under Direct Debit/SEPA rules, aren`t the bank required to inform the customer of a change to the Direct Debit amount within X amount of days of the transaction taking place? Therefore are they not breaking Direct Debit rules if they do not write to us in the next week?
Someone closer to the banking industry might be able to confirm?

Not too sure on notification rules but I do know changes to DD in Ulster Bank take a minimum of 10 working days to implement.

Including today there are 10 bank processing days left in the year. For any changes to take effect on 1st of January the amendments to the balance would have to be made by COB today.

Same here. No adjustment to account, phoned this morning. Have decided I am going to stop phoning and waiting on the postman everyday it's driving me mad. hope a few more on here get sorted over next few weeks
Did the helpless line give any words of prediction or did you get the scripted line again?

Chazza80 got the same script again. He did say that they are adjusting accounts everyday and just because mine is not adjusted today does not mean I won't get my letter before end of year. Find that hard to believe!!

Can I ask all of you lovely folk who’ve noticed the change in the mortgage account online first. Was the figure changed overnight or during the day if that makes sense. I’ve stopped waiting for the postman now just keeping a very very close eye on my phone for changes! Hasn’t happened yet..

Anyone have contact details (email) for UB CEO Gerry Mallon?

I’m a former First Active customer, still waiting to hear whether I’m impacted or not, never mind redress/compensation- although delighted for all those in UB who have had some good news before xmas!

Likewise I have been seeking info and update since January 2016 on whether I'm impacted ir not. I'm not former FA customer. Latest letter this week still standard no date and no info⁉ . Cant understand where this sits with CB guidellines and Phase 2 completion.

Hi..posted here last wk about adjustment to our mortgage...l have not received anything by post since...no explanation..no refund..no compensation...adjustment was done on Dec 1st...the day our mortgage comes out each month.

It's a bit ridiculous when you call that they cannot tell whether any documentation has been sent about your account...they were quick enough to tell us we had lost our trackers way back in the day and send us our options in relation to fixing etc!!!

Great news! Patiently waiting on the postman don't know why there's been no adjustments to my mortgage....clutching at straws...

Those of you who received your redress letter/chq - did it arrive via normal post or registered ? Thanks in advance

I have been keeping a close eye on this page. I think its time to turn the tables on the banks and show them who is the boss in this scenario. The banks make it easy for us to pay bills with D/D and easy to use transfers, but stop and think about this for one moment.
Cancel all your D/D's and transfers. Leave the banking cost in your account. I think it's about 4 euro a month. Withdraw all your cash and repeat this for 6 months until the banks get the message LOUD AND CLEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back