Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Penvins I can see an adjustment on my online mortgage statement this morning. There is 1 large Credit figure and a smaller Debit Figure. My mortgage balance has been adjusted by the difference in the two amounts. Im assuming that the large Credit Figure is the overall total of my redress and the Debit Figure is my refund total. Has anyone else who has received refund yet experienced similar?

No redress letter yet.
Long story short I got a letter today confirming my arrears are as a result of the tracker issue and it will be resolved when I get my redress. Which apparently will happen before Christmas but they don’t have a good track record with me when it comes to making time promises. I’m unsure whether this will actually happen.

Same boat , nothing yet and Christmas purchases on hold till I know what is happening. Such a difference for 3 little kids it will make to their Christmas if something materializes before rather than after Christmas and new year .

Wishing for everyone involved as it has been a stressful process and not a nice time of year to be full of hope and not get any update day after day ....

Good luck .

Same here no letter yet! Rang the helpless line on Friday she was able to tell me nothing has been done on my account yet for redress. It is becoming a bit of an obsession everyday waiting for the letter to arrive. Hope a lot more get sorted be for Xmas.

Santa on hold also and day 10 of having no jeep....not looking forward to mechanics bill. trying to remain positive is proving very hard. I have stopped running to the post box in the morning as at this stage it's embarrassing.

Hi, does anyone know if you have the option to just get the cheque? I just checked my online banking and see that the took a chunk off the mortgage but looking a gift horse and all that i was hoping for the money to do a small extension.. I have never been in arrears whether that makes a difference i dont know

Hi, does anyone know if you have the option to just get the cheque? I just checked my online banking and see that the took a chunk off the mortgage but looking a gift horse and all that i was hoping for the money to do a small extension.. I have never been in arrears whether that makes a difference i dont know
You will get your redress in a cheque.

No. It’s not that simple. The account is restored to the point it would have been if you were on the correct rate. See the pinned post on how to calculate at the top of this forum.

Like Penvins I can see an adjustment on my online mortgage statement this morning. There is 1 large Credit figure and a smaller Debit Figure. My mortgage balance has been adjusted by the difference in the two amounts. Im assuming that the large Credit Figure is the overall total of my redress and the Debit Figure is my refund total. Has anyone else who has received refund yet experienced similar?

I didn't realise our mortgage statements could be accessed online. I've checked the UB website but not seeing the option there to do so. Just wondering how to go about this?

Yes, I found out today after using the UB online chat tool that you need to have a current account to link up to your mortgage account and view online.

I have online banking for my current a/c and since the changeover to the new system during the summer, I also have access to my mortgage balance.

We received the redress cheque and they reduced the outstanding capital on the mortgage also by a small amount.

However, the cheque was payable to Mr & Mrs B Button and crossed. It should have matched the names on the mortgage, which they'd used on the 60 day letters we'd received and issued it to Mr Blue Button and Mrs Pink Button. You wouldn't be allowed open a joint a/c in the names of 'Mr & Mrs B Button' !!

Seems as though they're trying to make it difficult to lodge it... had to return it for alteration. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
BlueButton

I received my tracker back in December and letter in March. Nothing since, despite raising a written complaint. I empathize with everyone on here, it’s so stressful, and in my head I keep putting off Christmas expense worry (being sure it would come anyway) not looking likely now. Not sure what the 60 day letters are? Can anyone enlighten me? Delighted for anyone settled before Xmas.

@BlueButton yes major issues with the names on the mortgage accounts and correspondence. They are dreadful to deal with on this.

@Ellie O The '60 day' letters are a holding letter that customers who have entered into the formal complaint process with the bank receive. They issue approx every 60 days (should be slightly less). The next round are due for me on 30th December. They say very little apart from that they are still investigating and it will take some time and they will write to you again in 60 days from the date of the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back