Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Say Something, sorry mate but whiskey keeps for hundreds of years but I don't think gin does. Rang the TME helpline as to why no letter. Could not or would not give a timescale could be tomorrow or several months. Thank you for your patience. Really cross. Pay 10 euro a month for ufirst service and am no further on than last January.

@Say Something, sorry mate but whiskey keeps for hundreds of years but I don't think gin does. Rang the TME helpline as to why no letter. Could not or would not give a timescale could be tomorrow or several months. Thank you for your patience. Really cross. Pay 10 euro a month for ufirst service and am no further on than last January.

But you must keep your ufirst account: there is evidence that the tracker is contingent on having and keeping this kind of account...

@justo incorrect. The tracker margin is contingent on having/keeping this kind of account. The difference is 0.1% on the tracker mortgage rate, but it's not written into the contract. It was an offer at the time of taking out the mortgage.

Has anyone got any update. Supposedly first letters have started to arrive the other day according to another post but no body has confirmed receiving one or the contents of it. Fed up being strung along but UB for the last 9 months now

Has anyone got any update. Supposedly first letters have started to arrive the other day according to another post but no body has confirmed receiving one or the contents of it. Fed up being strung along but UB for the last 9 months now

Relax. There#s a lot of them to come out!

When I rang the helpline that does not help the other day - no indication of when the redress would be complete, how it was worked out, and what level of compensation would be offered was given. Several months sir and I cannot tell you that being the response.
I think they may be dealing with staff first and then God knows who. Several months after nearly a year of nothing being what sort of deadline? Ulster Bank have decided to create a new level of poor service because of the circumstances they have in Ireland.
If you go to the FSO they answer will be from Ulster Bank is that it is complex and we are dealing with this, the Central Bank of Ireland will be told the process of remediation is under way. A solicitor cannot move things any quicker, otherwise we would all use them and as we do not know the level of impact is it worth it for a few hundred Euro. It is a Catch 22 because to Ulster Bank we are not people we are unimportant numbers on a page. Relax? If you didn't laugh at this shambles you would join the many thousands who are crying.

Justo, see my post number 126 on this thread. When I rang the helpline to find out where my letter was I was told that I could not be told a time and the letters would be going out over a period of months. When I asked what rationale for the sending of the letters was to be applied i.e. Alphabetic, the amount of money involved etc. I was told that the staff on the helpline did not know how and when the letters are being sent.

Justo, see my post number 126 on this thread. When I rang the helpline to find out where my letter was I was told that I could not be told a time and the letters would be going out over a period of months. When I asked what rationale for the sending of the letters was to be applied i.e. Alphabetic, the amount of money involved etc. I was told that the staff on the helpline did not know how and when the letters are being sent.

Thanks Mark Watson. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but my hopeful reading of the situation is that the 'Help' Line people are not informed and not given the information needed to give meaningful help, or they are not giving information for some other reason. I take Padraic Kissane's word on this as being accurate, and he noted last week that letters were being issued then...

Hi
I got a letter with a cheque enclosed two weeks ago. It was a small amount as I left UB in 2009.
Today, another registered letter arrived to tell me that they are going to ring me on Monday to discuss the matter further. Hubby in a panic thinking they made a mistake and want their money back. Anyone else get such a letter AFTER being compensated?

Interesting to hear who else got letters, I hope UB has not messed up again but I have no faith in them

@Maria1976 interested to know about the letter you got if you don't mind - in a similar situation left in 2009 as felt there was really no other choice but to move to a cheaper interest rate when they wouldn't return the tracker. Have heard nothing here yet

No letter here either. I have no faith in Ulster Bank either. I don't trust them at all. They have messed up so many times at this point that nothing would surprise me.
A whole new low in customer service.

@notabene it was totally out of the blue. I wasn't really paying much attention to the whole thing TBH, and I received no prior letter saying that my account was affected. I had started on a variable rate in 2005 but fixed for a year at a time until 2009 when I had to switch to another bank in order to get my husband's name on the mortgage.
So the letter arrived two weeks ago stating that I was due compensation for the two months I was on the variable rate up to when I changed banks. And the cheque was with the letter. That's it really, until the letter today. I'll be ringing them in the morning

Sorry if this has been asked already, if you get a cheque in the post like what happened previous post, if the cheque is cashed is that you saying you're happy with the level of compensation or should I wait to have it independently checked before I cash it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back