Ulster Ulster Bank Redress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was identified at the beginning of this year as being impacted and tracker was reinstated then. I phoned the tracker dedicated line with UB on Monday and was advised that they are now nearing the end of identifying customers and they will commence writing to customers about redress over the next few months. Still very vague.

Phoned tracker line today. In summary told sooner rather than later. Query is that this year or next and was told I can't tell you that.
Any suggestions?

That's sounds like the same thing they said to me last month and this month, so I'd say in there own time that's what it feels like to me

From what they said to me they are going to have everyone identified by September, and start issuing "letters" then but they couldn't say if they were going to be offers of compensation/redress

I thought it was widely known that the Central Bank has told the banks they have to identify all impacted account holders by the end of September'17. That's what KBC keep telling me on the phone. I used to call at the beginning of each month but now I don't bother.

I think at this point we all need to up the pressure on Ulster Bank until we get clear timeframes on redress. I am going to push forward and am sending all the communication errors, transcripts to the media. I suggest we all do the same. Enough is enough and I am not waiting any longer to get my refund. They have been proven incorrect and it is no longer acceptable to string people along.
I have a list of media contacts across press, digital and radio - I can post these if people are interested in joining me. Also, I am going to email the executive team in UB and have already sent email to G Mallon

Liveline
Anyone interested in telling their story on air? if so, call Liveline on 012083111
It would be good if people were interested in telling their specific story. We need to keep the fact Ulster Bank is withholding our money in the fore otherwise this will go on forever...

Ulster Bank withdrew from the Finance Committee hearing in June. It is to be rescheduled for September. Keep up the pressure on your public representatives to pursue this issue at an Oireachtas level.

By all means, contact the press/media to highlight this issue.

Agree with @SaySomething - I think also if you are contacting media which also useful, it's particularly helpful if you let your name be used - can understand why people might not want too but I think when a real person can be portrayed rather than a random individual as it were it is more powerful. For what is worth, a journalist told me a few weeks ago that Ulster are just as difficult with the media giving the facts and figures as they are with us. So pushing through TDs and the finance committee is also imperative

Just throwing this out there ... would it be effective if we held a protest outside Ulsterbank Headquarters at an agreed time? It's a high profile way of bringing attention to the issue and a potential PR embarrassment for ULB.

Would it be possible to get a few hundred to meet at a certain time with a few placards, notify the media, etc.

What do you think?

John McGuinness TD tweeted that he's gonna be on Pat Kenny Newstalk soon.

I asked where he stood on the rate issue. He hasn't responded but it's the weekend so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.....for now!

Great idea. Peaceful protest outside HO. It may take a few weeks to organise. We can set up a social media campaign.
This has and is effecting my husbands health and I am sure we are alone.

Doing some filing this morning and my last received 'update' letter promises a further update within 60 days. That falls in the coming week. I would expect, given how dreadful they are with communication, to receive it in the week beginning 11th August. Will post back here when it arrives but I am not expecting anything earth shattering before the end of September.

I fully expect this next 60 day letter to be as informative as the last.

In as far as getting redress and compensation, I wouldn't be surprised if they knock what they think they owe us of the balance of our mortgage, or can they do that, probably a stupid question on my part

With PTSB it was reduction on the balance of mortgage, overpayments into your hand, compensation (laughable) into your hand also.

3 parts to redress

than for that I was thinking that was the way they would be doing it, has anyone got any solid information from there bank saying when there going to let us know how much we were are owed

I was told that it might take months, maybe up to 12 months hence why I am taking matters into my own hands!!

Ya if it's going to take that long I think that I will be doing the same, how would I even start any information would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back