Ulster bank compensation anyone?

We took out our mortgage in 2006 on tracker fixed in 2007 until 2010 never offered tracker back, effected years as per redress 2010-2016

We are not even sure for what years we are going to be compensated for.... we took our mortgage out in 2002 and were never offered a tracker! Will it go right back to 2002 or is there a year that they start compensating from ?
I feel very stupid when it comes to all this, we were just glad to get a mortgage anywhere as we were young and only my hubby had a full time job. We never asked any questions just took everything that we were told as good advice! ..... how foolish we were.

No offence but by the sounds of things you got yours back as a result of the scandal as a whole. Sure there was never any entitlement to offer a tracker (dont know your back story, sorry.)
So slow your role and chill out and wait for whatever comes your way.

Deenie, don't mind your slow your roll fella, you were entitled to a tracker and that's why you will be receiving compensation. Ask any questions away on this site. That's what its here for. Joanne

We are not even sure for what years we are going to be compensated for.... we took our mortgage out in 2002 and were never offered a tracker! Will it go right back to 2002 or is there a year that they start compensating from ?
I feel very stupid when it comes to all this, we were just glad to get a mortgage anywhere as we were young and only my hubby had a full time job. We never asked any questions just took everything that we were told as good advice! ..... how foolish we were.
As I've said before. It's all speculation. You need to wait for the redress letter. The good new is that all of them are due to arrive before the end of June 2018 so there is an end in sight for you.
Once you have the redress letter you can go through it all with a fine toothcomb and make sure that you are happy (or not) with the offer.
I know that this sounds glib but honestly it is only going to drive you mad going around in circles until then.

Thank you Joanne, everything I read contains so much jargon that I’m lost. I know I should educate myself on this matter but I have never kept any of the paperwork over the years so I haven’t a clue where I stand. I see lots of people seem to be requesting paper work from the bank. Is that something I should have done?

You are dead right @ saysomething i am going mad. But we have had many months over the years where we done without basic nessessities to keep the roof over our heads. And now I’m lead to believe that we may have been overcharged. It’s hard to just sit here and not ask questions. But I do apologize if I’m irritating some folk.

You are dead right @ saysomething i am going mad. But we have had many months over the years where we done without basic nessessities to keep the roof over our heads. And now I’m lead to believe that we may have been overcharged. It’s hard to just sit here and not ask questions. But I do apologize if I’m irritating some folk.
You’re not irritating me! I’m giving you advice from the perspective of someone who nearly went crazy waiting on redress. Honestly you can’t second guess anything.

To anyone asking about requesting their files under data access. Once you request formally the bank has 40 days to respond with your file. The likelihood is you’ll have your redress before then. From the Finance Committee it sounded like the last 1k for redress aren’t customers anymore for whatever reason. You might prefer to wait until the beginning of April and then make that judgement call.

@SaySomething i am nearly going crazy too!! Got another letter from UB bank today about arrears and an issue with their internal system causing arrears letters not to issue for the last while. I lodged another complaint today but it is like banging my head off of a brick wall. They informed me that arrears letters can and will issue when a customer is part of the review.I am pretty sure they are not supposed to. Anyway the saga with UB continues. Hopefully we will all be sorted out soon.

It is mental torture and there is no way of making out how they are choosing cases. We are wishing are lives away and I am really trying not to think about it as much. It will arrive when it arrives and me getting worked up about it will not make it come any quicker. Enjoy life until it arrives, not easy but I won't let them steal anything else from me.

Back