Ulster bank compensation anyone?

Deenie

Hi, has anyone heard anything from ulster bank about getting their money back recently. We have heard nothing since last July when we were put on a lower interest rate and deemed one of those impacted .....and I’m getting very impatient. If we were one day late with our mortgage repayment we would be in hot water, we would not get away with saying you will hear from us in due course!

I think the only information available is that they are adhering to what they set out in the Finance Committee (and with the Minister) prior to the end of 2017:

They would issue 1000 cheques before Christmas, an additional 1500 before end March and the balance by the end June.

I contacted the Helpline (to make sure my correspondence address was up to date) and the guy on the phone reiterated the above. He could not tell me if I would receive my redress prior to end of March or end of June.

Got put back on tracker on the 26th of January 2017 still no redress , starting to drive me crazy at this stage , its absolutely ridiculous that you cant get speaking to anyone who is actually dealing with your mortgage case it really boggles the mind, but one thing for sure I am going to follow them for more compensation the stress off it all is terrible, I just feel like I have been robbed so many things I could have done with that money over the years.

Last edited:
Nothing here either, checking my banking online twice a day to see if there are any movements on my account. The only positive here is that if we got it by Christmas we would have blown it all. Also how many times in our lives will we ever receive a lump sum. I know for me it will take huge pressure off the school fees for the next few years .

No cheque here yet either! back on Tracker since February last year and for some reason I'm getting arrears letters for a piddly amount (that isn't owed may I add of which they have admitted that themselves) and I am at the end of my tether now, I really have no words for these shower of incompetent gangsters!

Thank you everyone, the more time that goes by the more angry i am getting. With the Christmas bills coming in everyday and a family wedding abroad just around the corner money is very tight and to think I have money owed to me from these ‘people’ .... it would just make life a lot easier.

Finally we received our package yesterday by registered post, the figure is more than I had worked out myself. While I do feel compensation at 12% is low, giving that from seeing their calculations some months we were overpaying by 450€ per month. Before I send letter back accepting tracker rate, I do have a query and was wondering could I ask you Brendan?

Congratulations RebelOg....!! any idea when you received your letter to say that you where affected, and also did you notice any changes on your online banking before you received your redress

We received letter in Dec '16 saying we were impacted & moved to tracker rate in Jan '17. I don't have an online banking facility with UB, so saw no change to our account. In this package we were also advised of our new monthly payment given capital has decreased so has our monthly repayments (by a little amount), subject to change if ECB rate goes up.

Thanks RebelOg, we received our notification letter late January 2017 and we where changed back to the tracker rate on 1st February not a word since really, so waiting anxiously. Delighted you got your redress!

Back