Uh oh! Just got my new Alfa 159 and...

Well at least the chance of falling asleep at the wheel has gone down since you got rid of the Saab...

Quick update.

Dealer said there was no way that Cruise Control was standard, and then made a disparaging remark about those that use CC.

Anyway, I sent him on the link on the Alfa website stating it was standard and he then responded saying it was a mistake and CC'd FIAT Ireland.

I'm giving FIAT until tomorrow to get back to me before I respond.

So, not much progress as yet. I'll let ye know the score when I know more.

As for those above with no taste - :p

That dealer is a serious banker....

Mistake or not, you were led to believe it was there so tough luck on their part

What remark did he pass about those that use cc?

Take it you didnt find anything in the manual? Would love to here what he said about people that use cruise control???

just noticed that Alfraromeo.ie have changed the spec on your model online to reflect cruise control as an optional extra.

They are moving fast. I hope you have a copy of the 2007 spec model.

just noticed that Alfraromeo.ie have changed the spec on your model online to reflect cruise control as an optional extra.

They are moving fast. I hope you have a copy of the 2007 spec model.

They moved quick alright. Love to know what the dealer said about people using CC.

Page after page on this. Several other pages on www.boards.ie.

In my view there's very little to discuss. Get it sorted OP and let us know outcome.

For the record, have the exact model only an 07 version. CC is standard and on a seperate stalk on the left side. Find it useful on a long journey.

Enjoy the car. Have been very happy since I bought it. (And it's my 2nd Alfa!) Way better than my very dull A3... Been v reliable the first 12 months, with everything working just fine.

I would find that highly debatable. No debate on resale value though.

Thanks for bearing with me guys.

I got this offer by email.

He [FIAT Ireland] is willing to offer you a 24 month service programme, for the inconvenience caused.

The servicing of an 159 is quite costly and while I can get it serviced 2/3rds of it's life while under warranty it seems a good deal to me and € wise it's seems good too, considering the optional extra of CC is only €350.

I'd take it - I know you expected and maybe wanted it but was the CC really that essential?

I'd take it - I know you expected and maybe wanted it but was the CC really that essential?

CC is handy on motorways, but I agree with Caveat that you should take it. It's a good gesture,I'd take it if I was you!

Can you take it, and get the CC fitted at your own expense? Is there any change in the cost to get it installed now that the car has been handed over to you?

Quite probably, Seagull, but I'll look into it.

Thanks for recommendations guys. I've been offered a farily comprehensive 2 year service arrangement i.e. every 20 kms or each year, whichever comes sooner.

So, I'm happy.

Back